I didn’t plan much beyond excessive coffee consumption and decompression from 5 months of backpacking in Asia for my 2.5 weeks in London en route home – but one thing I knew I wanted to do was take a boat trip on the Thames.
I was a little late to jump on the Instagram bandwagon – though it certainly wasn’t by choice, resistance, or ignorance. Verizon didn’t start carrying the iPhone until February 2011, so really they’re to blame for my late start.
On my over-ambitious, super cheap 2-week trip to Spain in 2011, I went out of my way to stop in Seville. In retrospect, I should have skipped it – but how was I to know I wouldn’t completely love it there?
So you’ve got a London trip planned. You’re gonna bop around town on the Tube every day to get from your ho(s)tel to Buckingham Palace to Westminster to god knows where.
I’m not sure exactly how Southern Italy made its way onto my meticulously-planned 5 week itinerary, but I wanted to do something a little off the beaten path. So much of the good stuff in Italy is very much ON the beaten path, and rightfully so – and as a result, it’s fairly easy to get to.
Now that I’m mostly done sharing my adventures from 5 months in Asia, it’s finally time to move on to the 2.5 weeks I spent in London. GET PSYCHED!
First, let’s talk logistics.
When you picture Switzerland, what comes to mind? Mountains. Snow. Skiing. CHEESE. Am I right?
My first trip to Switzerland in 2004 confirmed this preconception, as we spent a winter day in the ski town of St.
I don’t have fuzzy, happy memories of the couple days I spent in Amsterdam in 2010 – and no, it’s not because I refrained from indulging in the “coffee shops” there!
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Worrowing Jervis Bay: A Winter Getaway From Sydney Australia
- I’m Finally An Australian Permanent Resident! Australia
- Sai Nuan Beach: A Lazy Day on Koh Tao Asia
- How To Find Cheap Accommodation In Australia Australia
- New Hampshire Fall Foliage // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Flashback Friday
- A Guide To Bouddi National Park Australia
- How To Tell Your Parents You’re Quitting Your Job To Travel Guest Post
- On Being Homeless and Planless Life