I’ve detailed my many misadventures in India with great candor, but I JUST REALIZED (like, literally 5 minutes before starting this post) that I never wrote about the desert town of Jaisalmer.
It’s been nearly a year now since I returned from my epic Asian journey, having completed my first multi-month solo female travel adventure.
Do I miss life on the perpetual road?
I thought for sure I’d spend my month in India obsessing over the amazing food or the colorful markets. Clearly, neither really did it for me. Instead, I found myself being drawn to archways and doors in India.
If there’s anyone that should be able to handle the exotic foods, navigate the chaos, and ward off the men while traveling in India, it’s me. I pride myself on my stomach of steel, excellent sense of direction and independence, and unfaltering Beast Mode.
I had every intention of taking advantage of all the adventure activities Rishikesh, India has on offer. Rafting, camping, rappelling, hiking, bungee jumping – not to mention, it’s the yoga capital of the WORLD.
You can’t NOT pay a visit to the Taj Mahal if you’re in the north of India.
(Well, I guess that’s not entirely true, since I met multiple people who had skipped it.
Udaipur was my favorite city I visited in India. I had a feeling beforehand that I’d enjoy it, and sure enough – it was the only place I wish I’d had more time in.
Whenever I visit a new city, I like to find a spot where I can take in the view from above. Savitri Temple, perched atop a steep hill, is the prime location to see Pushkar in all its white-washed glory.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Everest Base Camp Trek: Phaplu to Lukla Asia
- Escaping Sydney for the Kangaroo Valley Countryside Australia
- Speed Hiking: What It Is & What Gear You Need For It Guest Post
- The Best Spots For Eyre Peninsula Camping in South Australia Australia
- Lady Elliot Island: Best Snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef Australia
- Copenhagen Harbor // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Denmark
- NYC Has Fall Foliage, Too! New York
- 50 Fantastic Outdoor Activities in NYC New York