This monthly recap is a bit on the late side, but I swear my tardiness has nothing to do with the quality of the month.
Earlier this year, I received an e-mail that immediately piqued my interest.
You’d think that a travel blogger would be receiving all sorts of riveting e-mails with offers to travel the world and experience all sorts of fun activities and unique accommodations, but honestly… the vast majority of my e-mails are spam that I can’t hit the Delete button fast enough on.
Finally, a monthly update that might just be short and sweet! These posts have been taking me DAYS to write and prep for publishing and so far have always exceeded the 3000 word count.
We unexpectedly ended up staying in Port Douglas for 6 weeks during our big Aussie caravan trip, which was by far the most time we’ve spent in any one location.
From the Top End of the Northern Territory to Far North Queensland, I think August may have been our biggest driving month of the whole trip.
I knew it would be damn near impossible to top my birthday gift to Pete last year, which was a stay at the Elements of Byron. He still talks about it a year later, especially the free-standing bath tub our villa had.
July was the 6th month of our big Australian road trip and had us covering more ground than any other month thusfar.
If you’re planning a trip to Alice Springs and Uluru, you absolutely MUST allot some time to explore the West MacDonnell Ranges.
If you’ve never heard of the West Macs, I don’t blame you at all (I hadn’t either until a couple years ago… and I’ve lived in Australia for nearly 7 years!).
June was spent entirely in Australia’s Red Centre region, which is pretty much smack dab in the middle of the country.
I don’t know about you, but in my mind the Outback is a place that’s perpetually HOT.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Burning Man // WANDERLUST WEDNESDAY Wanderlust Wednesday
- 25 Epic Photos Of Kauai’s Na Pali Coast & Kalalau Trail Hawaii
- Caravan Life Diaries – Month 9 (October 2021) Australia
- Diving Malapascua: Thresher Sharks & My Advanced Open Water Course w/ Evolution Asia
- Things To Do In Crete: A Crete Road Trip Itinerary Europe
- The Down Under Report: Month 8 of 12 Australia
- Good Reads on the Road – Volume 1 Travel Gear
- Koh Rong, But So Right – Island Paradise in Cambodia Asia