The ‘Best of Colombia’ photo gallery below is a collection of images I took during my week on the Colombian coast in February. We started and ended our trip in colorful Cartagena, where we spent hot days frolicking the streets, drinking smoothies and wine in the shade, and walking around the city wall.
I spent $742 total on my recent trip to Colombia. For an 8-day international trip, I’d say that’s pretty darn excellent.
I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but money has played a recurring role on this blog since Day 1.
A quick google search will tell you that Tayrona National Park is beautiful, gorgeous, stunning, insert any superlative here. It didn’t take much convincing for me to allot nearly half of my time in Colombia to this tropical oasis.
This is not a blog post highlighting the top 5 must-sees, or how to budget for a tropical getaway.
Instead it serves one simple purpose: to show you how incredibly BEAUTIFUL the Colombian coastline is, and inspire you to visit Tayrona National Park someday.
As announced in my last post, I recently booked a cheap flight to Cartagena and will be spending 8 full days next month traipsing around the Colombian coastline. South America was never in my immediate future travel plans, and to be honest I haven’t spent much time at all thinking about or researching it.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Death Valley National Park // FLASHBACK FRIDAY California
- How To Tour The Mekong Delta On Your Own Asia
- Things To Do In Esperance: The Best Walks, Campsites, & Beaches In Esperance, Western Australia Australia
- Mui Ne: Is This Really Vietnam? Asia
- Hiking Sydney: The 15 Best Hikes in Sydney, Australia Australia
- Everest Base Camp Trek: Phaplu to Lukla Asia
- Hermitage Foreshore Track | Sydney Harbour Walk Australia
- Notes & Lessons From EuroTrip 2019 Europe