This month I checked off one massive item on the bucket list and FINALLY went diving in the Great Barrier Reef!
In my defense, I’ve had plenty of adventures on the reef that haven’t involved diving (scenic flight, sailing, snorkelling, camping) – so it’s not like I’ve been completely ignoring this epic corner of the world.
Bali may have claimed the spotlight for Indonesia, but there are at least 18,000 other islands and countless other destinations worth exploring in this country.
Komodo National Park is one of them.
What kind of sillyhead would allot 8 days of her Philippines trip to one place when there are 7000+ other islands to see?
Probably the kind that loves to travel slowly and doesn’t count countries (seriously, if you asked me how many countries I’ve been to I would have to stop and write them all down – literally haven’t a clue and DGAF).
After a frustrating, exhausting, and hassle-fraught voyage to and through the Philippines, I finally landed on the doorstep of Evolution Diving Resort. Little did I know that the trying journey was more than worth it, because I had the most glorious 5 days on Malapascua Island.
There has been one very noticeable gap in my outdoor adventure resume. You’d think that in all my island hopping and Australian escapades over the years I’d have made more of an effort to explore the underwater world.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- How To Move To Bondi Beach Australia
- A Spontaneous Trip To Mexico – Gracias, Obamacare! Mexico
- Biking the Cape Cod Rail Trail Cycling
- 3 Must-Dos in Les Baux-de-Provence, aka Provençal Disneyland Europe
- I Did Everything Wrong At Zion National Park Hiking
- That Time I Went To See A Psychic Healer Life
- A Perfect Day in San Francisco California
- 2019 in Review: Like 2018, But On Crack Annual Recap