I wasn’t planning on blogging about my little Koh Tao beach excursion to Sai Nuan – it was meant to be a lazy day, a break from all the scuba diving and working, and so therefore I left my blogger’s cap collecting dust in my hotel room and hit the beach.
My impetuous trip to Thailand in June was all about the diving. So naturally, the initial plan was to fly from Sydney to Phuket and head straight to Koh Tao for the entire 10 days.
When you book an international flight semi-last minute and primarily because you found a good deal, you’re probably not going to do extensive research to prepare for this trip.
In my case, I booked a cheap flight from Sydney to Phuket about 2 weeks in advance because it was the most inexpensive, non-NZ international flight I could find within my desired date range.
There has been one very noticeable gap in my outdoor adventure resume. You’d think that in all my island hopping and Australian escapades over the years I’d have made more of an effort to explore the underwater world.
It’s been nearly a year now since I returned from my epic Asian journey, having completed my first multi-month solo female travel adventure.
Do I miss life on the perpetual road?
Ahh, Thailand. I KNEW I would love it. I knew the Thai islands would be some of the most beautiful places I’d see on my 2013 Asia trip – and in my LIFE.
The ‘Best of Thailand’ photo gallery below is a collection of images I took in March-June 2013 while traveling in Thailand. In just over 6 weeks of travel, I explored the entire country: my first stint led me to Bangkok and south to the Thai islands of Koh Lanta, Koh Kradan, and Ko Phi Phi, where my main camera broke.
The second I left the Canon HQ in Silom, Bangkok, I embarked on a little photo excursion. It was my 2nd of 3 stints in this city and I’d just been reunited with my newly-fixed which had been in the Canon repair shop for 6 weeks while I was busy traversing Cambodia and Vietnam.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- The Sassi of Matera, Italy // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Europe
- In Which I Reveal All My Travel Photography Secrets Photography
- Everest Base Camp Trek: Phaplu to Lukla Asia
- Camping Near Sydney: The Best Camping Trips by Public Transport Australia
- A Sydney Cycling Adventure Around The Northern Beaches Australia
- The Best Hot Springs in Iceland Europe
- Why You Don’t Need A Work And Travel Program Like Remote Year To Become A Digital Nomad Guest Post
- 10 Things You Should Know Before Quitting Your Job To Travel Guest Post