I didn’t love my ancestors’ country when I visited it 4 years ago. I wanted so much to throw my arms up and shout out my love for Sweden, but Stockholm didn’t wow me as I’d hoped.
I made the long trek from Stockholm to the island of Gotland partially as a pilgrimage to one Pippi Longstocking, but mostly because I wanted to cycle through some Swedish countryside.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- I Stuffed My Face Silly in Adelaide Australia
- Montreal Street Art: It’s EVERYWHERE! Canada
- May 2016 Recap: Australia Australia
- 50 Travel Photos Left On The Cutting Room Floor In 2017 Annual Recap
- Is San Francisco My City Soul Mate? California
- Mosman to Cremorne Point Walk | Sydney Harbour Walk Australia
- 2013 in Review: Monthly Highlights Annual Recap
- Biking in Tulum: 3 Rad Excursions Without A Rental Car Cycling