I didn’t love my ancestors’ country when I visited it 4 years ago. I wanted so much to throw my arms up and shout out my love for Sweden, but Stockholm didn’t wow me as I’d hoped.
I made the long trek from Stockholm to the island of Gotland partially as a pilgrimage to one Pippi Longstocking, but mostly because I wanted to cycle through some Swedish countryside.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- A Very Melbourne 31st Birthday Australia
- Did I Really Pay $15 to Sit in a Lao Bus’ Luggage Store? Asia
- What It’s Like Trekking To Tea Houses In Nepal Asia
- Upcoming Travel Plans for Summer 2014 Planning
- The Down Under Report: Month 9 of 12 Australia
- The Sassi of Matera, Italy // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Europe
- 7 Asian Habits I Can’t Stand Asia
- Postcard From Phuket, Thailand Asia