I didn’t love my ancestors’ country when I visited it 4 years ago. I wanted so much to throw my arms up and shout out my love for Sweden, but Stockholm didn’t wow me as I’d hoped.
I made the long trek from Stockholm to the island of Gotland partially as a pilgrimage to one Pippi Longstocking, but mostly because I wanted to cycle through some Swedish countryside.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Walking On Ice With An Iceland Glacier Tour Europe
- 85 Photos That Will Make You Wanna Jet Off To New York City New York
- Fine, I Admit It – I Have A Travel Routine Inspiration
- 30 Things To Do in Albany, Western Australia & South Coast WA Australia
- The Down Under Report: Month 9 of 12 Australia
- Traveling in India: 3.5 Weeks in Review Asia
- August 2016 Recap: Sydney, Australia Australia
- Summer In Italy: The Best Places To Visit Europe