I didn’t love my ancestors’ country when I visited it 4 years ago. I wanted so much to throw my arms up and shout out my love for Sweden, but Stockholm didn’t wow me as I’d hoped.
I made the long trek from Stockholm to the island of Gotland partially as a pilgrimage to one Pippi Longstocking, but mostly because I wanted to cycle through some Swedish countryside.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Deep Pass & River Caves Canyon: My 34th Birthday Adventure! Australia
- Beach Hopping at Tayrona National Park Colombia
- The Overland Track: What You Should Know Before Taking On This Tasmania Hike Australia
- Trip Planning: Asia 2013 Asia
- My 2018 Goals & Intentions Life
- The Best Things To Do In Sydney Australia
- That Time I Splurged On A Fancy Hotel (And It SO Wasn’t Worth It!) Asia
- The Prettiest Things I Found In Canberra Australia