I can’t remember how Meteora first came onto my travel radar, but it only happened a couple months before I was due to start my trip to Greece last year (yes, I was just a tiiiiiiiny bit late to make the connection between the old Linkin Park album that I loved in high school and this famous world landmark).
Kefalonia (Cephalonia) was the 4th and final island in my 4-week Greek island hopping adventure in summer 2019.
Unlike the other 3, I didn’t even know this island existed before I started doing my research on the Greek islands.
Filed under Travel Oopsies: That time I booked one (non-refundable) Airbnb for my entire stay in Crete without realizing it was a 3 hour drive from all of the things I most wanted to see on the island.
I’d be lying if I said I didn’t spend 4 weeks traipsing around the Greek islands on a quest to find the most beautiful beaches Greece has to offer. However, Crete was the one island I visited where I didn’t expect beaches to be a focal point of my experience.
I arrived in Greece last July with one very specific mission: to see as many beautiful beaches as possible.
Given that this country is famous for its stunning islands, this was very easily achievable.
Sometimes you build a place up in your mind and then it doesn’t quite measure up when you finally travel there.
Other times, it is exactly as amazing as you dreamed it would be.
Soooooo, in case I haven’t mentioned it yet: I got a drone!
You guys, I never ever thought I’d be a drone owner. I’m typically one of the ones who roll their eyes whenever they hear the buzzing sound overhead.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Cornell University in Winter // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Flashback Friday
- December 2016 Recap: Hawaii, NYC, Connecticut Monthly Recap
- Recommitting to New York City – and to Happiness Life
- Byron Bay: A Guide To This Aussie Beach Town Australia
- Highlights From A Melbourne River Cruise Australia
- Best of Western Australia – Photo Gallery Australia
- Where To Find The Best Views in New York City Featured
- 3 Things This Tourism Agency In Laos Is Doing Right Asia