My family has been vacationing in Cape Cod since I was a little kid. Every summer without fail, we’d spend a week on the Cape beach hopping, shopping, and indulging in seafood and sweet treats and it was THE BEST.
Browsing: New England
What does your ideal Cape Cod vacation look like?
If it’s anything like mine, it’ll involve beach hopping from bay side to ocean side, sampling as much clam chowder as you can stomach, making a trip up to Provincetown for shopping and general merriment, and perhaps a night at the Wellfleet drive-in.
I’ve visited my sister in Boston numerous times in the past 7 years, ever since she started school at BU – but only ONCE have I been to Boston in the summer.
What’s it like to have pride in where you’re from? I wouldn’t know – I’ve spent my whole life hating the state of Connecticut and the small town I grew up in.
It’s been an unusually snowy December in New York this year, which means I’ve been craving summer and the beach way more than I normally do. At the sight of white outside our kitchen window, my mind instantly runs to a warmer, sunnier, HAPPIER place – somewhere I can walk around in a tank top and flip flops, work on my tan, and frolic at all hours.
These days, I’ve got fall foliage tunnel vision. It’s like one last hurrah before winter sets in in the northeast, and I always like to fully soak it all up while I can.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- In Which I Reveal All My Travel Photography Secrets Photography
- Things To Do On An Eyre Peninsula Road Trip Australia
- Road Trips Around The World Main Topics
- April 2016 Recap: New Zealand & Australia Australia
- The Connecticut Shoreline // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Flashback Friday
- The 25 Most Beautiful Places I Saw In 2016 Annual Recap
- All My Favorite ‘C’ Things in Margaret River Australia
- Sausalito, California // FLASHBACK FRIDAY California