Finally, a monthly update that might just be short and sweet! These posts have been taking me DAYS to write and prep for publishing and so far have always exceeded the 3000 word count.
We unexpectedly ended up staying in Port Douglas for 6 weeks during our big Aussie caravan trip, which was by far the most time we’ve spent in any one location.
From the Top End of the Northern Territory to Far North Queensland, I think August may have been our biggest driving month of the whole trip.
I knew it would be damn near impossible to top my birthday gift to Pete last year, which was a stay at the Elements of Byron. He still talks about it a year later, especially the free-standing bath tub our villa had.
July was the 6th month of our big Australian road trip and had us covering more ground than any other month thusfar.
If you’re planning a trip to Alice Springs and Uluru, you absolutely MUST allot some time to explore the West MacDonnell Ranges.
If you’ve never heard of the West Macs, I don’t blame you at all (I hadn’t either until a couple years ago… and I’ve lived in Australia for nearly 7 years!).
June was spent entirely in Australia’s Red Centre region, which is pretty much smack dab in the middle of the country.
I don’t know about you, but in my mind the Outback is a place that’s perpetually HOT.
This month we begrudgingly left the coast and summer behind for winter in the Outback!
The bulk of May was spent in northern South Australia before we crossed the border into the Northern Territory.
It’s a pretty big call to make, but I’m declaring the scenic drive through Bunyeroo Gorge and Brachina Gorge the BEST thing to do in the Flinders Ranges.
Ok, let’s back up a minute.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Surprise! Lake Argyle is Actually Pretty Rad Australia
- Sydney Harbour // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Australia
- 10 Things You Should Know Before Quitting Your Job To Travel Guest Post
- Eureka Skydeck: Melbourne From the 88th Floor Australia
- Why The Mornington Peninsula Is The Best Weekend Trip From Melbourne Australia
- Outer Banks, North Carolina // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Flashback Friday
- My Tailor Fail in Hoi An, Vietnam Asia
- Best of Thailand – Photo Gallery Asia