As much as I live for the beach, I have much love for the desert, too. It’s why I adore both the coast and the Outback of Australia. There’s just something very exotic about deserts – they’re harsh, hot, wide open spaces.
Browsing: Wanderlust Wednesday
I’ve long been a raving fan of California. Even before my first visit at age 23, I knew it was ‘my place’: somewhere I’d continue to visit and eventually live in.
By now you all should know that I’m a sun worshipper. I’d be perfectly happy to chase summer for the rest of my life.
But lately I’ve been lusting after Lapland and the arctic region.
South Africa only popped onto my radar within the past few years. I’d all but written off the entire African continent before being charmed by Hot Arms‘ stories of growing up in Cape Town, which helped propel the country to the upper echelon of my bucket list.
That’s what Cuba is to me. I know very little about the country, but you know how it is when someone tells you something’s off limits. Because of the Embargo, Americans aren’t technically allowed to travel to Cuba unless they have procured a special license or are traveling in a group program – in fact, that’s the only way to book a direct flight from the US to Cuba.
I haven’t even properly done the Rocky Mountains in my own country, yet I’m all but dying to see them in Canada – how does that work?
I’ll tell you how.
Is it just me, or is everyone hitting up Greece these days? This summer I must have seen a large handful of travel bloggers blow up every social media channel with photos of idyllic white buildings on a hill overlooking deep blue water.
There are exactly two things I know about Bolivia:
- It has two capitals (thank you, middle school Spanish class)
- It’s home to the world’s largest salt flat
Reason #2 is why I want to visit this country someday.
Yesterday marked the end of Burning Man, a week-long event held in the Nevada desert every year just before Labor Day. I have been trying to wrangle most everyone I know to make this desert pilgrimage with me for YEARS now, obviously to no avail.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- My Chilled Out Whitsundays Sailing Trip Australia
- Things To Do On The Esperance To Perth Drive Australia
- July 2016 Recap: Sydney, Australia Australia
- Postcard From Phuket, Thailand Asia
- The Best Hikes in Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument Guest Post
- Stockholm’s Gamla Stan // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Europe
- Things To Do On Phillip Island (Besides The Penguin Parade) Australia
- Bye Bondi! Guess Who’s Going Nomadic In 2020? Life