Browsing: North America
Oh yeah, this baby’s gonna take some time to load. Go grab a cup of coffee while you’re waiting – I promise it’ll be worth it! Unless you’re on your phone right now, in which case you should bookmark this post and come back to it later when on a proper computer.
New York may be famed for its Broadway shows, world class shopping, and Michelin-starred restaurants, but it also offers a myriad of opportunities for affordable outdoor activities.
Here are 50 great outdoor activities in NYC, all located within the 5 boroughs and accessible by subway:Free Outdoor Activities in NYC
Cycling the Hudson River Greenway.
Let’s suppose you’re visiting NYC from some faraway land, possibly for the first time. You’ve strategically based yourself in East Midtown at a hotel just a few blocks from Grand Central Terminal and all the Bucket List-worthy tourist attractions nearby.
In April 2010, aka Month #9 of Funemployment after quitting my first-ever corporate job, I took a spontaneous trip out west, flew into Vegas, rented a car, and roadtripped for a week with my old Brooklyn roommate Lauren.
As much as I live for the beach, I have much love for the desert, too. It’s why I adore both the coast and the Outback of Australia. There’s just something very exotic about deserts – they’re harsh, hot, wide open spaces.
This post was last updated in June 2020.
Photo via Enchantment Resort
This 5-star resort boasts a 5-star backdrop with the iconic Red Rocks that Sedona is famed for.
I’ve long been a raving fan of California. Even before my first visit at age 23, I knew it was ‘my place’: somewhere I’d continue to visit and eventually live in.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- At Least 10 Things That Went Wrong In Java Asia
- Why The Mornington Peninsula Is The Best Weekend Trip From Melbourne Australia
- Where To Stay in Kihei – Maui, Hawaii Hawaii
- FF Monthly Recap: November & December 2018 Monthly Recap
- Platia Ammos Beach in Kefalonia (+ the Perilous Hike Down in Flip Flops!) Europe
- Mui Ne: Is This Really Vietnam? Asia
- Postcard From Phuket, Thailand Asia
- How Much Money Do You Need To Save Before You Quit Your Job To Travel? Guest Post