Welp, I think it’s safe to say that the more distracted I get with weekend trips, road trips, and other adventures, the worse I am about blogging and Instagramming and even reading.
Browsing: North America
When I hastily booked my trip to Mexico last New Year’s, I resolved to do it as cheaply as possible. Not just because I’m a “frugal” frolicker, but because I hadn’t planned or budgeted for this extra trip at all.
I’m a bit weird when it comes to renting a car on my travels. On one hand, there’s nothing (literally nothing) that makes me happier than a good road trip; but on the other, I almost never rent a car when I’m traveling solo because it’s flippin’ expensive.
I recently wrote a post about how to plan a Kauai road trip – you know, the practical stuff like where to get camping equipment, how to book campsites, and what kind of car to rent.
I recently embarked on my second road trip around the Hawaiian islands. Someday I will write about the epic adventures I had driving around the Big Island back in my pre-blog days (until then, this guide to trekking to Waimanu Valley will have to do).
When you hear “Tulum”, does your mind go straight to street art?
Don’t worry, I don’t think anyone’s does. Beaches, cenotes, and ruins, sure, but street art? Nah.
Nevertheless, Tulum is absolutely teeming with street art.
The Kalalau Trail is exhilarating, exhausting, terrifying, drop-dead stunning, and positively one of the best hikes you could ever hope to embark on.
I tend to operate on a *throw myself into it and see what happens* basis, often without pausing to consider whether I can actually succeed (after all, whatever happens, I can handle it).
When I left Australia last month bound for the US for the holidays, I had nothing planned in my life beyond the moment I stepped foot on my hometown’s train platform.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- December 2016 Recap: Hawaii, NYC, Connecticut Monthly Recap
- Livin’ The Luxurious Lagoon Life at the Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort Port Douglas Australia
- Mosman to Cremorne Point Walk | Sydney Harbour Walk Australia
- January 2016 Recap: Melbourne, Australia Australia
- Venice Is Made For Frolicking Europe
- From Bunbury to Margaret River, Here’s What Not To Miss Australia
- Confession: I Don’t Want To Be A Nomad Anymore Life
- FF Monthly Recap: January & February 2018 Monthly Recap