Browsing: Travel Gear
Today we’re bringing another piece of sustainable travel gear to your attention: the Tropicfeel Canyon all-terrain sneaker!
When Tropicfeel got in touch with me, the timing was simultaneously excellent and terrible: I was just about to start my big Australia road trip and could really do with another pair of sneakers, but we were due to head off the following week and I was concerned that the shoes wouldn’t get to me in time.
Ever since I was a little kid, I’ve associated hammocks with camping. The campsite just isn’t complete without a hammock hanging in the trees, as far as I’m concerned!
In my adult years, I’ve owned a hammock that sadly hasn’t seen much use… mostly because I spent my 20’s living in a concrete jungle (though I did hang it in Hudson River Park a few times…), but also because that hammock was kind of a pain to hang up.
If there’s one kind of packing list I can fashion with any sort of authority, it’s one highlighting what to pack for the beach.
I mean, I live in Bondi Beach – hell, I moved to Australia in the first place because of the beaches here.
I’ve tested out a number of bags on my perpetual quest to carry both my camera and my everyday essentials in one stylish and comfortable setup. Tote bag, messenger bag, backpack – I’m not too fussed on what type of camera bag it is, as long as it meets what I feel is a very reasonable list of requirements:
- Can be used as a carry-on bag when flying (i.e.
I have to admit, I’m a bit ambivalent about packing posts. I find them insanely boring to read when they pop up on my RSS feed or on a blog that I regularly follow, but super useful if I’m actually searching on Google for packing tips for an upcoming trip or hike I have planned.
Apparently I did a damn good job at picking out reading material at the start of my 2013 Asia trip, because I absolutely tore through 5 books in under 3 weeks.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- 25 Epic Photos Of Kauai’s Na Pali Coast & Kalalau Trail Hawaii
- A Very Unplanned 5 Day Tasmania Roadtrip Australia
- What To Do When Sh*t Hits The Fan On Your Trip Inspiration
- Sand Flats Recreation Area: Moab’s Underrated Park Southwest US
- Stockholm Cafe Culture // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Europe
- 3 Days in Melbourne: A Melbourne 3 Day Itinerary Australia
- How To Travel With Student Loans Inspiration
- This Couple Quit Their Jobs & Sold Everything To Travel Europe Full-Time Guest Post