I thought for sure I’d spend my month in India obsessing over the amazing food or the colorful markets. Clearly, neither really did it for me. Instead, I found myself being drawn to archways and doors in India.
Ah, Railay. I will always look back on my time spent in this climber’s beach paradise as one of the best weeks of my life. I got to do one of my favorite activities in the most beautiful of places, essentially honeymoon-style ;)
I knew my travel plans would change at some point during my 2013 Asia trip. In fact, I welcomed the spontaneity – which is why I didn’t plan much beyond a rough route map for those 5 months.
This is a story about two very unlikely events – both happening on a boat, both happening to me.
(It’s also a long-winded account of the Maya Bay Sleep Aboard experience.)
There are over 1000 islands in Thailand. It’s no wonder I agonized over which ones to visit on my 2013 Asia trip!
One of my top priorities was to get myself to a not-so-touristy beach with bright white sand and bright blue water.
The ‘Best of Nepal’ photo gallery below is a collection of images I took in February 2013 while in Kathmandu and Bhaktapur, and on the Everest Base Camp Trek in Nepal.
Picture this: a beachfront bungalow resort off the coast of Thailand, famed for its delicious mojitos and excellent cooking school, where lots of cats roam around the property and hang out on your porch.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Cycling Melbourne Is The Best Way To See This City Australia
- August 2016 Recap: Sydney, Australia Australia
- City of Arts and Sciences in Valencia, Spain // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Europe
- July 2016 Recap: Sydney, Australia Australia
- The Beach in Denmark // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Denmark
- A Photoshoot With The Pushkar Locals Asia
- A Sydney Harbour Scenic Flight With Sydney Seaplanes Australia
- Lawn Hill National Park: A Hidden Gem in Outback Queensland Australia