The ‘Best of Nepal’ photo gallery below is a collection of images I took in February 2013 while in Kathmandu and Bhaktapur, and on the Everest Base Camp Trek in Nepal.
Picture this: a beachfront bungalow resort off the coast of Thailand, famed for its delicious mojitos and excellent cooking school, where lots of cats roam around the property and hang out on your porch.
After 2 months of tackling Nepal and India, I was more than ready to catapult myself to the Thai islands for some much-needed beach time. First stop: Koh Lanta!
I spent a week on Koh Lanta: the first half in the north, near Klong Dao and Long Beach; the second half in the south, at Kantiang Bay.
Of all the places I’d planned to visit on my 5-month journey through Asia, I was most excited about southern Thailand. I ended up spending nearly 3 weeks there in total, split between several islands and beaches – and I definitely could have spent MUCH more time island hopping there.
Of the 4 weekend days I’ve spent in Bangkok, I’ve gone to the Chatuchak Weekend Market on 3 of them:
- First time – went for a ‘look-see’ to scope things out, sample the snacks, and take note of things I might want to buy next time (the idea being to return after my upcoming jaunt through Southern Thailand, so I wouldn’t have to carry around extra crap for those couple of weeks)
- Second time – went with some boys and didn’t want to drag them along to do some girl shopping
- Third time – went on my own to finally do said shopping!
Turns out, well – very VERY well, as future blog posts will reveal ;)
For starters: I’ve long been harboring this dream of someday experiencing an infinity pool.
If there’s anyone that should be able to handle the exotic foods, navigate the chaos, and ward off the men while traveling in India, it’s me. I pride myself on my stomach of steel, excellent sense of direction and independence, and unfaltering Beast Mode.
Before I even began planning my 2013 Asia trip, I knew about the infamous scams at the Thailand-Cambodia border. Not only that, but I’d heard it was one hell of a journey, requiring several different connections, all of which were subject to scams and other discomforts.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Visiting Meteora: Clifftop Monasteries With A View In Greece Europe
- A Super-Unique Wine Tour In The Hunter Valley Australia
- Best Coffee In Bangkok: Size S Coffee & Bakery Asia
- Flying Over Kauai – My First Time In A Helicopter! Flying
- Notes & Lessons From EuroTrip 2019 Europe
- Insta-Chicago: Chicago by Instagram Midwest US
- Cape Cod, Massachusetts // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Flashback Friday
- 7 Solid Springtime Adventures in NYC New York