I was not in the greatest shape when I arrived in Jodhpur. Seriously sleep deprived and fresh off the night train from Jaisalmer, I stumbled into my hotel and practically begged to check into my room early at 6am.
The traditional Everest Base Camp trek begins in Lukla. Fortunately for you, I’m not traditional, and that’s definitely not my style of travel! The off-the-beaten-path Everest Base Camp trek that I completed begins SOUTH of Lukla, in Phaplu or Jiri.
First thing’s first: no one camps while trekking in Nepal. That’s because all of the trails are populated with affordable guesthouses – aka tea houses – so there’s really no need to.
About two years ago, I got this crazy idea in my head that I HAD to do the Everest Base Camp trek. I have no idea what prompted it – it was like I just woke up one day and made that decision, knowing absolutely nothing about what I’d be getting myself into.
I’ll be spending most of March 2013 in India and I’m SO EXCITED. Slightly apprehensive, yes, but I know that once I get my bearings I’ll be fine. It’s going to be so unlike anything or any place I’ve ever experienced and I CAN’T WAIT!
Welp, here it is! The next 5 months of my life, all mapped out – literally. Subject (and expected) to change, as I finally have the freedom to be spontaneous and flexible with my traveling and trip planning.
I am a mere 3 weeks away from embarking on my 5-month travel adventure through Asia! Obviously that means all I’m capable of thinking or talking about these days is travel (which, let’s be real, is not a far stretch from how I usually am).
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- What Else Can You Do In Hoi An? Asia
- The Walled, Swedish Town of Visby // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Europe
- So, About Those Grand 2020 Plans… Life
- Packing For A Day Hike: The Ultimate Day Hike Packing List Guest Post
- Insta-Iceland: Iceland by Instagram Europe
- Best of Western Australia – Photo Gallery Australia
- Hiking The Amalfi Coast: Two Fantastic Day Hikes Europe
- Nobody Comes To El Nido To Dive, But It’s Still Worth Doing Asia