Finally, a monthly update that might just be short and sweet! These posts have been taking me DAYS to write and prep for publishing and so far have always exceeded the 3000 word count.
We unexpectedly ended up staying in Port Douglas for 6 weeks during our big Aussie caravan trip, which was by far the most time we’ve spent in any one location.
From the Top End of the Northern Territory to Far North Queensland, I think August may have been our biggest driving month of the whole trip.
I knew it would be damn near impossible to top my birthday gift to Pete last year, which was a stay at the Elements of Byron. He still talks about it a year later, especially the free-standing bath tub our villa had.
July was the 6th month of our big Australian road trip and had us covering more ground than any other month thusfar.
If you’re planning a trip to Alice Springs and Uluru, you absolutely MUST allot some time to explore the West MacDonnell Ranges.
If you’ve never heard of the West Macs, I don’t blame you at all (I hadn’t either until a couple years ago… and I’ve lived in Australia for nearly 7 years!).
June was spent entirely in Australia’s Red Centre region, which is pretty much smack dab in the middle of the country.
I don’t know about you, but in my mind the Outback is a place that’s perpetually HOT.
This month we begrudgingly left the coast and summer behind for winter in the Outback!
The bulk of May was spent in northern South Australia before we crossed the border into the Northern Territory.
It’s a pretty big call to make, but I’m declaring the scenic drive through Bunyeroo Gorge and Brachina Gorge the BEST thing to do in the Flinders Ranges.
Ok, let’s back up a minute.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- The Down Under Report: Month 9 of 12 Australia
- 10 Things I Wish I Knew Before Buying A Caravan Outdoor Adventures
- Caravan Life Diaries – Month 9 (October 2021) Australia
- Scenes From The Road in Iceland Europe
- Caravan Life Diaries – Month 10 (November 2021) Australia
- Koh Kradan: A REAL White Sand Beach in Thailand Asia
- The Best Hikes in Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument Guest Post
- 7 Fun Facts About Sri Lanka (That You Probably Didn’t Know) Sri Lanka