Along with a Great Barrier Reef scenic flight, a Whitsundays sailing trip was one of those *Australia Must-Dos* that I ignored when I was here back in 2006 – partially because I was too busy galavanting in the Outback instead, but mostly I was hesitant to test my propensity for motion sickness.
I just showered and gorged on vegetables for the first time in a week and IT FELT AMAZING.
Instead of being kind to my body and giving it those things it craves on a near-daily basis, I put it through hell these past 6 days while hiking the Overland Track.
I’ve been sloooooowly covering my Queensland trip from last month on the blog. In case you missed those posts or are fresh on the Frugal Frolicker train in 2015, here they are:
- I Got Naked On South Molle Island
- Highlights From A Great Barrier Reef Scenic Flight
- My Chilled Out Whitsundays Sailing Trip
- I Saw All The Beaches On Magnetic Island
One really cool thing to note is that this was the first trip I took with a pretty sizable Instagram following.
Most sensible people treat a beach holiday as an opportunity to relax on the beach – i.e. *a* beach, singular. One beach, max relaxation.
But, since the Eagles basically wrote the song “Learn To Be Still” for me without knowing it, it almost goes without saying that this is not how I do a beach vacation.
The Down Under Report is a monthly recap of my time and money spent in Australia on the Work & Holiday Visa in 2015. Be sure to check out the other monthly recaps as well!
It took just a few hours of pacing around Airlie Beach before I decided: I have to get out of here.
Don’t get me wrong, you could do far worse than a town blessed with an endless summer.
Why did I decide to move to Australia in December, smack in the middle of my beloved Christmas season, where I’d be alone for the holidays?
One reason: I was dying to see the New Years Eve fireworks in Sydney.
My obsession with Australia can be traced back to my college years: summers spent working in a photo lab, saving all my earnings for my year studying abroad in Sydney.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- How To Prepare For The Ultimate Kauai Road Trip Hawaii
- Getting Around London is Easier Than You Think! England
- The Down Under Report: Month 4 of 12 Australia
- An Ode To The Williamsburg Bridge New York
- Jaisalmer Fort in the Indian Desert // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Asia
- Borobudur At Sunrise: A Travel Dream Come True Asia
- 2016: The Year I Inadvertently Tried So Many New Things Annual Recap
- A Day Trip to Sydney’s Northern Beaches Australia