New York may be famed for its Broadway shows, world class shopping, and Michelin-starred restaurants, but it also offers a myriad of opportunities for outdoor adventures.
Here are 50 great outdoor adventures in NYC, all located within the 5 boroughs and accessible by subway:
Cycling the Hudson River Greenway
Let’s suppose you’re visiting NYC from some faraway land, possibly for the first time. You’ve strategically based yourself in East Midtown at a NYC hotel just a few blocks from Grand Central Terminal and all the Bucket List-worthy tourist attractions nearby.
In April 2010, aka Month #9 of Funemployment after quitting my first-ever corporate job, I took a spontaneous trip out west, flew into Vegas, rented a car, and roadtripped for a week with my old Brooklyn roommate Lauren.
As much as I live for the beach, I have much love for the desert, too. It’s why I adore both the coast and the Outback of Australia. There’s just something very exotic about deserts – they’re harsh, hot, wide open spaces.
I’ve long been a raving fan of California. Even before my first visit at age 23, I knew it was ‘my place’: somewhere I’d continue to visit and eventually live in.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- How To Take Awesome Photos In Iceland Europe
- Awesome NYC Hotels in Midtown Manhattan USA
- 5 Lessons I’ve Learned from Travel Mistakes I’ve Made Inspiration
- How To Stay Fit While Traveling Inspiration
- Lake Maggiore, Switzerland // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Europe
- All The Things I’m Excited For In Melbourne Australia
- Stylish Hotels in Cambridge USA
- Kalalau Trail: Everything You Need To Know Hawaii