Browsing: North America
When you hear “Tulum”, does your mind go straight to street art?
Don’t worry, I don’t think anyone’s does. Beaches, cenotes, and ruins, sure, but street art? Nah.
Nevertheless, Tulum is absolutely teeming with street art.
The Kalalau Trail is exhilarating, exhausting, terrifying, drop-dead stunning, and positively one of the best hikes you could ever hope to embark on.
I tend to operate on a *throw myself into it and see what happens* basis, often without pausing to consider whether I can actually succeed (after all, whatever happens, I can handle it).
When I left Australia last month bound for the US for the holidays, I had nothing planned in my life beyond the moment I stepped foot on my hometown’s train platform.
I don’t technically have a bucket list, but if I did, boy would hiking the Kalalau Trail in Hawaii have been high up on it. In fact, I planned my recent 12-day stopover in Hawaii around this trek and spent most of that time exploring the garden isle of Kauai.
Oh yeah, this baby’s gonna take some time to load. Go grab a cup of coffee while you’re waiting – I promise it’ll be worth it! Unless you’re on your phone right now, in which case you should bookmark this post and come back to it later when on a proper computer.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Outer Banks, North Carolina // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Flashback Friday
- Brussels, Belgium // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Belgium
- How To Keep Updated On My Travel Adventures! Administrative
- Insta-Thailand: Thailand by Instagram Asia
- Fine, I Admit It – I Have A Travel Routine Inspiration
- Sydney Street Art: Newtown is Where It’s At! Australia
- Everest Base Camp Trek: Phaplu to Lukla Asia
- The Connecticut Shoreline // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Flashback Friday