When I hastily booked my trip to Mexico last New Year’s, I resolved to do it as cheaply as possible. Not just because I’m a “frugal” frolicker, but because I hadn’t planned or budgeted for this extra trip at all.
Browsing: North America
I’m a bit weird when it comes to renting a car on my travels. On one hand, there’s nothing (literally nothing) that makes me happier than a good road trip; but on the other, I almost never rent a car when I’m traveling solo because it’s flippin’ expensive.
I recently wrote a post about how to plan a Kauai road trip – you know, the practical stuff like where to get camping equipment, how to book campsites, and what kind of car to rent.
I recently embarked on my second road trip around the Hawaiian islands. Someday I will write about the epic adventures I had driving around the Big Island back in my pre-blog days (until then, this guide to trekking to Waimanu Valley will have to do).
When you hear “Tulum”, does your mind go straight to street art?
Don’t worry, I don’t think anyone’s does. Beaches, cenotes, and ruins, sure, but street art? Nah.
Nevertheless, Tulum is absolutely teeming with street art.
The Kalalau Trail is exhilarating, exhausting, terrifying, drop-dead stunning, and positively one of the best hikes you could ever hope to embark on.
I tend to operate on a *throw myself into it and see what happens* basis, often without pausing to consider whether I can actually succeed (after all, whatever happens, I can handle it).
When I left Australia last month bound for the US for the holidays, I had nothing planned in my life beyond the moment I stepped foot on my hometown’s train platform.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Koh Kradan: A REAL White Sand Beach in Thailand Asia
- Olympic National Park, Washington // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Flashback Friday
- December 2016 Recap: Hawaii, NYC, Connecticut Monthly Recap
- Fire Island, NY // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Flashback Friday
- Good Reads on the Road – Volume 2 Inspiration
- My NYC Commute: from Williamsburg to Chelsea Life
- The Down Under Report: Month 4 of 12 Australia
- The Solo Traveler’s Guide To Phillip Island Australia