You guys, I just turned 30 last month. 30. Remember when we were kids and thought 30 was OLD? I mean geez, my parents were younger than that when they had me.
When I look back at 2014, I think: Man, I worked hard and accomplished a lot.
I’ve long been a preacher in support of living a balanced life. It’s why you’ll never find me staying late at the office or bragging about how I went to the gym 6 out of 7 days last week.
I have a confession to make: I’m slightly addicted to Tinder.
(Note: Tinder is a phone app used for a ‘hot or not’ sort of online dating. If you’re intrigued and want to know more, this page can get you up to speed.)
But not in the same way most everyone I know is using it.
This whole *packing up my life and moving to Australia* thing has been WAY easier than I expected it to be. I’ve been mentally preparing myself for an emotionally trying few weeks before departure, and so far I’ve been fine.
55. The approximate number of hours I spent sprawled out in the back seat of our rental car during our 8 days driving around Iceland at the end of this past summer.
“THERE’S A VOLCANO ALERT FOR ICELAND!”, Becca texted me last week, just 11 days before we were due to fly to Reykjavik.
I immediately took to The Google, which confirmed that an orange alert had been issued due to “intense seismic activity at the Bardarbunga volcano [which]indicates the potential for a disruptive ash event similar to 2010”.
On January 1, New York and I celebrated our 6 year anniversary. Except, unlike previous years, it didn’t feel like much of a celebration. I wasn’t happily toasting to another year of living in New York City – I was wondering how many more years I’d be ringing in here, and what would come next.
We first met 5 years ago.
I was on a 2-week roadtrip up the west coast, reveling in my newfound freedom, eager to see and do as much as I could – simply because I could.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- A 4WD Adventure Around The Blue Mountains Australia
- The Time I Fainted In Front Of The Omelet Man in Jodhpur Asia
- Highlights From a Melbourne to Perth Roadtrip Australia
- Flying Over Kauai – My First Time In A Helicopter! Flying
- Crossing The Border On The New Bangkok-Siem Reap Bus Asia
- The 25 Most Beautiful Places I Saw In 2016 Annual Recap
- How To Move To Bondi Beach Australia
- A Snowshoeing Adventure From NYC! New York