This is a story about two very unlikely events – both happening on a boat, both happening to me.
(It’s also a long-winded account of the Maya Bay Sleep Aboard experience.)
Waiiiiiiiiiiit a second – seasickness-prone Lindsay is willingly sleeping on a boat?!
There are over 1000 islands in Thailand. It’s no wonder I agonized over which ones to visit on my 2013 Asia trip!
One of my top priorities was to get myself to a not-so-touristy beach with bright white sand and bright blue water.
The ‘Best of Nepal’ photo gallery below is a collection of images I took in February 2013 while in Kathmandu and Bhaktapur, and on the Everest Base Camp Trek in Nepal.
Picture this: a beachfront bungalow resort off the coast of Thailand, famed for its delicious mojitos and excellent cooking school, where lots of cats roam around the property and hang out on your porch.
After 2 months of tackling Nepal and India, I was more than ready to catapult myself to the Thai islands for some much-needed beach time. First stop: Koh Lanta!
I spent a week on Koh Lanta: the first half in the north, near Klong Dao and Long Beach; the second half in the south, at Kantiang Bay.
Of all the places I’d planned to visit on my 5-month journey through Asia, I was most excited about southern Thailand. I ended up spending nearly 3 weeks there in total, split between several islands and beaches – and I definitely could have spent MUCH more time island hopping there.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- The Crazy/Beautiful White Temple in Chiang Rai Asia
- North Brooklyn Boutique Hotels USA
- How To Prepare For The Ultimate Kauai Road Trip Hawaii
- What Happens Next Inspiration
- The Down Under Report: Month 8 of 12 Australia
- Upcoming Travel Plans for Summer 2014 Planning
- Adelaide or Radelaide? Why This Aussie City is Worth a Visit Australia
- 12 Must-Dos on a Kauai Road Trip Hawaii