Admittedly I did very little research before rocking up to Yosemite National Park at the peak of summer this year. While everything worked out as it always does, and I had a fantastic time exploring this glorious natural playground, I feel like I could have saved myself some time and stress while there had I been a bit more informed.
If ever there was a place that was made for road tripping, it would be western USA.
I always thought I’d have plenty of time to explore this part of my country when I eventually “settled” in California – I just never considered the possibility that I’d end up permanently residing overseas instead.
When I first started (and then promptly forgot about) this “perfect day” blog series, I wanted to document those rare magical days where I was out in the world doing various things that bring me joy, living in the flow, and just being enveloped in bliss from start to finish.
As much as I live for the beach, I have much love for the desert, too. It’s why I adore both the coast and the Outback of Australia. There’s just something very exotic about deserts – they’re harsh, hot, wide open spaces.
I’ve long been a raving fan of California. Even before my first visit at age 23, I knew it was ‘my place’: somewhere I’d continue to visit and eventually live in.
You know the drill by now. Lindsay visits a new city –Lindsay samples ALL THE COFFEE.
Upon further reflection, I think I really need to organize my coffee crawls a bit better.
Still reeling from my quick trip to San Francisco last week and clearly not over its amazingness, I’m sharing a photo I took from my new love, the Golden Gate Bridge.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Local Living in Chiang Mai Asia
- North Brooklyn Boutique Hotels USA
- My 29th Birthday Weekend in NYC Life
- Outer Banks, North Carolina // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Flashback Friday
- Must-Read Blogs Before Any Southeast Asia Travel Adventure Asia
- The Best Village Experience is in Luang Namtha, Laos Asia
- Confession: I Don’t Want To Be A Nomad Anymore Life
- The Worst Photo I’ll Ever Post, From Salzburg, Austria // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Austria