For a hot minute back in 2009 or so, I entertained the idea of applying for grad school at UC Berkeley. You know when you’re going through a quarter-life crisis of sorts and have absolutely NO idea how to properly assimilate into the real world much less what to do with your life, so you go back to school to avoid it all for awhile longer?
Admittedly I did very little research before rocking up to Yosemite National Park at the peak of summer this year. While everything worked out as it always does, and I had a fantastic time exploring this glorious natural playground, I feel like I could have saved myself some time and stress while there had I been a bit more informed.
If ever there was a place that was made for road tripping, it would be western USA.
I always thought I’d have plenty of time to explore this part of my country when I eventually “settled” in California – I just never considered the possibility that I’d end up permanently residing overseas instead.
When I first started (and then promptly forgot about) this “perfect day” blog series, I wanted to document those rare magical days where I was out in the world doing various things that bring me joy, living in the flow, and just being enveloped in bliss from start to finish.
As much as I live for the beach, I have much love for the desert, too. It’s why I adore both the coast and the Outback of Australia. There’s just something very exotic about deserts – they’re harsh, hot, wide open spaces.
I’ve long been a raving fan of California. Even before my first visit at age 23, I knew it was ‘my place’: somewhere I’d continue to visit and eventually live in.
You know the drill by now. Lindsay visits a new city –Lindsay samples ALL THE COFFEE.
Upon further reflection, I think I really need to organize my coffee crawls a bit better.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Svalbard, Norway // WANDERLUST WEDNESDAY Wanderlust Wednesday
- Diving Malapascua: Thresher Sharks & My Advanced Open Water Course w/ Evolution Asia
- 2016 in Review: A Year As A Digital Nomad Annual Recap
- Postcard From The 33rd Floor Of A 5 Star Hotel in Bangkok Asia
- Insta-Iceland: Iceland by Instagram Europe
- Turns Out, I’m Not Immune To Reverse Culture Shock Inspiration
- Biking the Cape Cod Rail Trail Cycling
- That Time I Got Stranded In Canberra Australia