As much as I live for the beach, I have much love for the desert, too. It’s why I adore both the coast and the Outback of Australia. There’s just something very exotic about deserts – they’re harsh, hot, wide open spaces.
I’ve long been a raving fan of California. Even before my first visit at age 23, I knew it was ‘my place’: somewhere I’d continue to visit and eventually live in.
You know the drill by now. Lindsay visits a new city –Lindsay samples ALL THE COFFEE.
Upon further reflection, I think I really need to organize my coffee crawls a bit better.
Still reeling from my quick trip to San Francisco last week and clearly not over its amazingness, I’m sharing a photo I took from my new love, the Golden Gate Bridge.
Last week I was in San Francisco, falling back in love with the city by the bay. We picked right back up from where we left off 5 years ago, and I reluctantly departed with a silent declaration that someday I’ll live there.
We first met 5 years ago.
I was on a 2-week roadtrip up the west coast, reveling in my newfound freedom, eager to see and do as much as I could – simply because I could.
Fresh off the plane in Vegas, we rented a car and drove straight to California. It was the start of our week-long whirlwind roadtrip through California, Utah, and Arizona in 2010.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Cornell University in Winter // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Flashback Friday
- A Day Trip to Sydney’s Northern Beaches Australia
- Trekking in Chiang Mai With Pooh Eco-Trekking Asia
- A Guide To Bouddi National Park Australia
- How To Stay Fit While Traveling Inspiration
- Where To Stay in Kihei – Maui, Hawaii USA
- Sydney Coastal Walk: Kurnell to Cronulla + Botany Bay NP Australia
- St. Peter’s Basilica // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Europe