You may have noticed that I quietly phased out my monthly recap posts this year. I loved reflecting on each month of my travels for the two years I spent traveling around Australia and surrounds, but now that I’ve slowed down and established a home base in Sydney, there’s been less to recap on the travel front.
If you’ve spent any amount of time in, or researching things to do in Sydney, then you undoubtedly know that the Bondi to Coogee coastal walk is an absolute must-do in Sydney.
Here’s the story of how this frugalista ended up jetting all over Sydney Harbour in the boat equivalent of a Ferrari:
So late last year, the fine folks at Any Boat approached me about taking a ride with them out on Sydney Harbour.
Oh November. On one hand, you were chock full of good times and great weather; but on the other hand, you were rife with frustration and disillusionment, so I’m not quite sure what to make of you.
Nearly two years ago now, my mom dropped me off at the Guilford train station so I could begin the 3+ hour journey to JFK Airport, followed by the 24+ hour journey to Sydney.
I went into my 5 day Kangaroo Island road trip last week armed with a stack of brochures I picked up somewhere between Adelaide Airport and Penneshaw.
I swear I don’t normally hoard pamphlets, but geez – there’s really not much information online about Kangaroo Island.
While I’m on a roll with confessions, let me throw one more atcha:
It took me 21 months in Australia before I finally made it out to the Blue Mountains.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- That Time I Splurged On A Fancy Hotel (And It SO Wasn’t Worth It!) Asia
- Cat Boat in Amsterdam // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Europe
- Postcard From The Taj Mahal Asia
- Welcome To India – Let’s Make Out! Asia
- Rainbow Over Copenhagen // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Denmark
- The 6 Most Beautiful Places In Asia (That I Saw Last Year) Asia
- Cycling Angkor Wat – Temple Hopping By Bike Asia
- Sydney Coastal Walk: Coogee to Maroubra Walk Australia