Usually when I hear that a place is super touristy, I roll my eyes, adjust my expectations, and find that it’s really not that bad (see: Cinque Terre). I really do believe that you can find good in anything if you look for it, but maybe that’s the extreme optimist in me.
Well my friends, I’m afraid this is a tale of travel dreams being tarnished by craptastic weather.
You can plan the bejesus out of a trip, go well out of your way to reach a destination, and even allot extra days to thoroughly enjoy it – but you can’t do a damned thing about the weather other than try to make the most of it.
Who travels to Paris and skips the Louvre, Arc de Triomphe, and Angelina’s?
Yep, that’d be me. I didn’t visit any museums, OD on pastries and sweets, or try snails or any other French delicacies on my recent week-long trip to Paris.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Arlington National Cemetery // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Flashback Friday
- FF Monthly Recap: January & February 2018 Monthly Recap
- Sydney Harbour Walk: Watsons Bay & South Head Australia
- A Sydney Cycling Adventure Around The Northern Beaches Australia
- The 25 Most Beautiful Places I Saw In 2016 Annual Recap
- 2014, Come At Me! Administrative
- A Delhi Disaster Asia
- Stellar Hotels in Missouri USA