Towards the end of my 5 week backpacking trip through Italy in 2007, I did some trekking in the northwest and then high tailed it to the border of France. As tempting as it was to cross into another country, I decided to save France for another trip.
I’m not sure exactly how Southern Italy made its way onto my meticulously-planned 5 week itinerary, but I wanted to do something a little off the beaten path. So much of the good stuff in Italy is very much ON the beaten path, and rightfully so – and as a result, it’s fairly easy to get to.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- May 2016 Recap: Australia Australia
- A Spontaneous Trip To Mexico – Gracias, Obamacare! Mexico
- Insta-Queensland: Queensland by Instagram Australia
- Best of Cambodia – Photo Gallery Asia
- Biking the Cape Cod Rail Trail Cycling
- 20 Fun & Unexpected Things To Do On Kangaroo Island, Australia Australia
- My 13 Favorite Moments In Iceland Europe
- 10 Years Ago, A Traveler Was Born Inspiration