Now’s about the time I pat myself on the back for having my trusty analog journal to keep diligent track of my every move and thought during my 5 weeks traveling solo in Italy in May/June 2007, including hiking the Amalfi Coast.
There aren’t enough fingers on my hands to count all of the beautiful places I saw when I did my 5-week solo backpacking trip through Italy in 2007.
But I have to reserve one for Capri, that mythical island just off the mainland from Sorrento and Naples.
Towards the end of my 5 week backpacking trip through Italy in 2007, I did some trekking in the northwest and then high tailed it to the border of France. As tempting as it was to cross into another country, I decided to save France for another trip.
I’m not sure exactly how Southern Italy made its way onto my meticulously-planned 5 week itinerary, but I wanted to do something a little off the beaten path. So much of the good stuff in Italy is very much ON the beaten path, and rightfully so – and as a result, it’s fairly easy to get to.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Confession: I Don’t Want To Be A Nomad Anymore Life
- What’s In My Bag: Asia Backpacking Trip Planning
- 50 Travel Photos Left On The Cutting Room Floor In 2017 Annual Recap
- Infiorata: Italy’s Flower Carpet Festival Europe
- Bolivian Salt Flats // WANDERLUST WEDNESDAY Wanderlust Wednesday
- Mont Blanc, Italy // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Europe
- 10 Life Lessons I Learned Before Turning 30 Inspiration
- I’m Finally An Australian Permanent Resident! Australia