Towards the end of my 5 week backpacking trip through Italy in 2007, I did some trekking in the northwest and then high tailed it to the border of France. As tempting as it was to cross into another country, I decided to save France for another trip.
I’m not sure exactly how Southern Italy made its way onto my meticulously-planned 5 week itinerary, but I wanted to do something a little off the beaten path. So much of the good stuff in Italy is very much ON the beaten path, and rightfully so – and as a result, it’s fairly easy to get to.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- California Getaways in Monterey, San Luis Obispo, and More USA
- All The Things I’ll Miss From Living On Bondi Beach Australia
- San Francisco Bay // FLASHBACK FRIDAY California
- A Week On Koh Lanta, Thailand Asia
- Hitting The G-Spot (and Wandjina’s Window) Australia
- The Oregon Coast // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Flashback Friday
- A Night At The Great Jack-o-Lantern Blaze New York
- Blue Skies and Waterfalls at Milford Sound Boating