Towards the end of my 5 week backpacking trip through Italy in 2007, I did some trekking in the northwest and then high tailed it to the border of France. As tempting as it was to cross into another country, I decided to save France for another trip.
I’m not sure exactly how Southern Italy made its way onto my meticulously-planned 5 week itinerary, but I wanted to do something a little off the beaten path. So much of the good stuff in Italy is very much ON the beaten path, and rightfully so – and as a result, it’s fairly easy to get to.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- The 7 Best Weekend Trips From Melbourne Australia
- Best of Western Australia – Photo Gallery Australia
- Highlights From A Melbourne River Cruise Australia
- Marvelous Manly: Outdoor Adventures & Beaches Galore Australia
- Wat’s That? Temple Hopping in Bangkok Asia
- Postcard From Phuket, Thailand Asia
- The Kunsthaus Museum in Zurich // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Europe
- The Down Under Report: Month 8 of 12 Australia