Now’s about the time I pat myself on the back for having my trusty analog journal to keep diligent track of my every move and thought during my 5 weeks traveling solo in Italy in May/June 2007.
There aren’t enough fingers on my hands to count all of the beautiful places I saw when I did my 5-week solo backpacking trip through Italy in 2007.
But I have to reserve one for Capri, that mythical island just off the mainland from Sorrento and Naples.
Towards the end of my 5 week backpacking trip through Italy in 2007, I did some trekking in the northwest and then high tailed it to the border of France. As tempting as it was to cross into another country, I decided to save France for another trip.
I’m not sure exactly how Southern Italy made its way onto my meticulously-planned 5 week itinerary, but I wanted to do something a little off the beaten path. So much of the good stuff in Italy is very much ON the beaten path, and rightfully so – and as a result, it’s fairly easy to get to.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Sydney Harbour Walk: Hermitage Foreshore Track Australia
- My 3 Favorite Things In Chiang Mai Asia
- How To Tour The Mekong Delta On Your Own Asia
- Sydney Coastal Walk: Bondi to Coogee Australia
- 2017 in Review: Home Sweet Sydney Annual Recap
- Love and Loss on the Maya Bay Sleep Aboard Asia
- The Best View Of The Sydney New Years Eve Fireworks Australia
- The Crazy/Beautiful White Temple in Chiang Rai Asia