I didn’t love my ancestors’ country when I visited it 4 years ago. I wanted so much to throw my arms up and shout out my love for Sweden, but Stockholm didn’t wow me as I’d hoped.
I made the long trek from Stockholm to the island of Gotland partially as a pilgrimage to one Pippi Longstocking, but mostly because I wanted to cycle through some Swedish countryside.
With several trips to Europe under my belt, a few years ago I felt like it was time I made my first foray into Scandinavia. A big chunk of my ancestry is from Sweden and Norway, so you know – it had to happen.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- I’m Finally An Australian Permanent Resident! Australia
- Bangkok’s Chatuchak Market: A Taste of Thailand Asia
- Ventoura: A Tinder-Like Phone App For Travel Planning
- The Definitive Guide to Christmas in New York New York
- Lake Tekapo, New Zealand // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Flashback Friday
- Biking Tulum: 3 Rad Excursions Without A Rental Car Cycling
- How To Celebrate Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain Europe
- A Guide To Bouddi National Park Australia