I didn’t love my ancestors’ country when I visited it 4 years ago. I wanted so much to throw my arms up and shout out my love for Sweden, but Stockholm didn’t wow me as I’d hoped.
I made the long trek from Stockholm to the island of Gotland partially as a pilgrimage to one Pippi Longstocking, but mostly because I wanted to cycle through some Swedish countryside.
With several trips to Europe under my belt, a few years ago I felt like it was time I made my first foray into Scandinavia. A big chunk of my ancestry is from Sweden and Norway, so you know – it had to happen.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Canyonlands National Park – On An Island In The Sky Roadtripping
- Sai Nuan Beach: A Lazy Day on Koh Tao Asia
- Hitting The G-Spot (and Wandjina’s Window) Australia
- Insta-Chicago: Chicago by Instagram Midwest US
- Great Hotels Across Hawaii USA
- My Year as a Sydney Uni Study Abroad Student Australia
- Who Knew Tulum Had Street Art? Mexico
- Hike Your Arse Off At Aoraki Mt. Cook National Park Hiking