I didn’t love my ancestors’ country when I visited it 4 years ago. I wanted so much to throw my arms up and shout out my love for Sweden, but Stockholm didn’t wow me as I’d hoped.
I made the long trek from Stockholm to the island of Gotland partially as a pilgrimage to one Pippi Longstocking, but mostly because I wanted to cycle through some Swedish countryside.
With several trips to Europe under my belt, a few years ago I felt like it was time I made my first foray into Scandinavia. A big chunk of my ancestry is from Sweden and Norway, so you know – it had to happen.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Everything You Wanted To Know About The Adirondack Train Canada
- 5 Pointz, May You R.I.P. // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Flashback Friday
- A Week On Koh Lanta, Thailand Asia
- Borobudur At Sunrise: A Travel Dream Come True Asia
- Insta-SF: San Francisco by Instagram California
- The Canadian Rockies // WANDERLUST WEDNESDAY Wanderlust Wednesday
- Things You Should Know Before Hiking The Overland Track Australia
- Who Knew Tulum Had Street Art? Mexico