I didn’t love my ancestors’ country when I visited it 4 years ago. I wanted so much to throw my arms up and shout out my love for Sweden, but Stockholm didn’t wow me as I’d hoped.
I made the long trek from Stockholm to the island of Gotland partially as a pilgrimage to one Pippi Longstocking, but mostly because I wanted to cycle through some Swedish countryside.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Scuba Diving the Great Barrier Reef with Divers Den Australia
- Asia 2013 By The Numbers (and the Dollars) Asia
- 2017 in Review: Home Sweet Sydney Annual Recap
- Sand Flats Recreation Area: Moab’s Underrated Park Southwest US
- August 2016 Recap: Sydney, Australia Australia
- Beautiful Blissful Byron Bay Australia
- St. Peter’s Basilica // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Europe
- A Sydney Cycling Adventure Around The Northern Beaches Australia