I didn’t love my ancestors’ country when I visited it 4 years ago. I wanted so much to throw my arms up and shout out my love for Sweden, but Stockholm didn’t wow me as I’d hoped.
I made the long trek from Stockholm to the island of Gotland partially as a pilgrimage to one Pippi Longstocking, but mostly because I wanted to cycle through some Swedish countryside.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Seeing Blue Fire on the Ijen Crater Hike Asia
- The Worst Things About Australia Australia
- Postcard from Ko Phi Phi, Thailand Asia
- Best of Thailand – Photo Gallery Asia
- The Frugal Frolicker Creed Inspiration
- Flamenco in Spain // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Europe
- Sydney Harbour Walk: Watsons Bay & South Head Australia
- The Best Bondi Cafe For Working Australia