I didn’t love my ancestors’ country when I visited it 4 years ago. I wanted so much to throw my arms up and shout out my love for Sweden, but Stockholm didn’t wow me as I’d hoped.
I made the long trek from Stockholm to the island of Gotland partially as a pilgrimage to one Pippi Longstocking, but mostly because I wanted to cycle through some Swedish countryside.
With several trips to Europe under my belt, a few years ago I felt like it was time I made my first foray into Scandinavia. A big chunk of my ancestry is from Sweden and Norway, so you know – it had to happen.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Two Fantastic Day Hikes on the Amalfi Coast Europe
- Monument Valley // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Flashback Friday
- Unleashing My Inner Barista In Melbourne Australia
- How I Saved $10,000+ On Travel In 2016 Inspiration
- Railay, Thailand: A Climber’s Paradise Asia
- Sizzlin’ South Africa // WANDERLUST WEDNESDAY Wanderlust Wednesday
- Things To Love About Brunswick, Melbourne Australia
- December 2016 Recap: Hawaii, NYC, Connecticut Monthly Recap