I didn’t love my ancestors’ country when I visited it 4 years ago. I wanted so much to throw my arms up and shout out my love for Sweden, but Stockholm didn’t wow me as I’d hoped.
I made the long trek from Stockholm to the island of Gotland partially as a pilgrimage to one Pippi Longstocking, but mostly because I wanted to cycle through some Swedish countryside.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Trip Planning: EuroTrip 2019 Europe
- The Sassi of Matera, Italy // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Europe
- A Very Melbourne 31st Birthday Australia
- 2014, Come At Me! Administrative
- Insta-Hawaii: Hawaii By Instagram Hawaii
- Thorsborne Trail: Hiking Hinchinbrook Island (Australia’s Jurassic Park) Australia
- Mungo National Park: Like Mars on Earth Australia
- Did I Really Pay $15 to Sit in a Lao Bus’ Luggage Store? Asia