I didn’t love my ancestors’ country when I visited it 4 years ago. I wanted so much to throw my arms up and shout out my love for Sweden, but Stockholm didn’t wow me as I’d hoped.
I made the long trek from Stockholm to the island of Gotland partially as a pilgrimage to one Pippi Longstocking, but mostly because I wanted to cycle through some Swedish countryside.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Yarra Valley Wine Tour: A Melbourne Must-Do Australia
- 3 Must-Dos in Les Baux-de-Provence, aka Provençal Disneyland Europe
- Beautiful Blissful Byron Bay Australia
- Hitting a New Continent: the Colombian Coastline Awaits! Colombia
- Why I’ll Never Fly Jetstar Airways Again Australia
- Where To Stay In San Francisco USA
- Sydney Coastal Walk: Kurnell to Cronulla Beach Walk Australia
- What It’s Like Trekking To Tea Houses In Nepal Asia