I didn’t love my ancestors’ country when I visited it 4 years ago. I wanted so much to throw my arms up and shout out my love for Sweden, but Stockholm didn’t wow me as I’d hoped.
I made the long trek from Stockholm to the island of Gotland partially as a pilgrimage to one Pippi Longstocking, but mostly because I wanted to cycle through some Swedish countryside.
With several trips to Europe under my belt, a few years ago I felt like it was time I made my first foray into Scandinavia. A big chunk of my ancestry is from Sweden and Norway, so you know – it had to happen.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Budget Travel in Colombia: What I Spent Colombia
- 3 Things This Tourism Agency In Laos Is Doing Right Asia
- November 2016 Recap: Australia Australia
- Trekking in Chiang Mai With Pooh Eco-Trekking Asia
- Postcard From Phuket, Thailand Asia
- Annecy, France: The Venice of the Alps // WANDERLUST WEDNESDAY Wanderlust Wednesday
- The Down Under Report: Month 3 of 12 Australia
- How I Saved $10,000+ On Travel In 2016 Inspiration