I didn’t love my ancestors’ country when I visited it 4 years ago. I wanted so much to throw my arms up and shout out my love for Sweden, but Stockholm didn’t wow me as I’d hoped.
I made the long trek from Stockholm to the island of Gotland partially as a pilgrimage to one Pippi Longstocking, but mostly because I wanted to cycle through some Swedish countryside.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- The Down Under Report: Month 7 of 12 Australia
- Sydney Harbour Walk: Watsons Bay & South Head Australia
- Be A Honey Badger! Inspiration
- Biking the Cape Cod Rail Trail Cycling
- Confession: I Don’t Want To Be So Frugal Anymore Money
- Kathmandu’s Durbar Square // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Asia
- A Guide To Hiking The Royal National Park Coastal Walk Australia
- How To Tour The Mekong Delta On Your Own Asia