I didn’t love my ancestors’ country when I visited it 4 years ago. I wanted so much to throw my arms up and shout out my love for Sweden, but Stockholm didn’t wow me as I’d hoped.
I made the long trek from Stockholm to the island of Gotland partially as a pilgrimage to one Pippi Longstocking, but mostly because I wanted to cycle through some Swedish countryside.
With several trips to Europe under my belt, a few years ago I felt like it was time I made my first foray into Scandinavia. A big chunk of my ancestry is from Sweden and Norway, so you know – it had to happen.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- That Time I Got Stranded In Canberra Australia
- Planning My Philippines Beach Bum Bonanza Asia
- Insta-Thailand: Thailand by Instagram Asia
- Everything You Need To Know About Tayrona National Park Colombia
- Cat Boat in Amsterdam // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Europe
- What’s In My Beach Bag? – Bondi Beach Edition Life
- NYC Has Fall Foliage, Too! New York
- A Perfect Day In Udaipur, India Asia