I didn’t love my ancestors’ country when I visited it 4 years ago. I wanted so much to throw my arms up and shout out my love for Sweden, but Stockholm didn’t wow me as I’d hoped.
I made the long trek from Stockholm to the island of Gotland partially as a pilgrimage to one Pippi Longstocking, but mostly because I wanted to cycle through some Swedish countryside.
With several trips to Europe under my belt, a few years ago I felt like it was time I made my first foray into Scandinavia. A big chunk of my ancestry is from Sweden and Norway, so you know – it had to happen.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Upcoming Travel Plans – What I’m Up To In 2014 Planning
- There’s No Sugarcoating It: I Hated Phnom Penh! Asia
- Hipmunk Hotels: California Getaways in Monterey, San Luis Obispo, and More USA
- Coffee Making Tips For The At Home Barista Australia
- A Rough Welcome to the Philippines Asia
- A Perfect Day in Montreal Canada
- 10 Worthwhile Stops To Make On Your Iceland Road Trip Europe
- How To Keep Updated On My Travel Adventures! Administrative