I didn’t love my ancestors’ country when I visited it 4 years ago. I wanted so much to throw my arms up and shout out my love for Sweden, but Stockholm didn’t wow me as I’d hoped.
I made the long trek from Stockholm to the island of Gotland partially as a pilgrimage to one Pippi Longstocking, but mostly because I wanted to cycle through some Swedish countryside.
With several trips to Europe under my belt, a few years ago I felt like it was time I made my first foray into Scandinavia. A big chunk of my ancestry is from Sweden and Norway, so you know – it had to happen.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- My 3 Favorite Things In Chiang Mai Asia
- Washington DC Metro // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Flashback Friday
- Why You Should Use Tinder To Tame Your Wanderlust Life
- A Very Unplanned 5 Day Tasmania Roadtrip Australia
- Laugavegur: The Most Beautiful Trek In All The Land Europe
- Kathmandu’s Durbar Square // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Asia
- Is San Francisco My City Soul Mate? California
- Kayaking The Caves and Islands of Phang Nga Bay, Thailand Asia