I didn’t love my ancestors’ country when I visited it 4 years ago. I wanted so much to throw my arms up and shout out my love for Sweden, but Stockholm didn’t wow me as I’d hoped.
I made the long trek from Stockholm to the island of Gotland partially as a pilgrimage to one Pippi Longstocking, but mostly because I wanted to cycle through some Swedish countryside.
With several trips to Europe under my belt, a few years ago I felt like it was time I made my first foray into Scandinavia. A big chunk of my ancestry is from Sweden and Norway, so you know – it had to happen.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Stand Up Paddleboarding in Sydney Harbour Australia
- Highlights From A Great Barrier Reef Scenic Flight Australia
- Dutch Wooden Clogs // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Europe
- A Perfect Day In Junbesi Asia
- Best of Southern Vietnam – Photo Gallery Asia
- Ventoura: A Tinder-Like Phone App For Travel Planning
- Stockholm’s Gamla Stan // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Europe
- Art is EVERYWHERE in India – Doors Included! Asia