I didn’t love my ancestors’ country when I visited it 4 years ago. I wanted so much to throw my arms up and shout out my love for Sweden, but Stockholm didn’t wow me as I’d hoped.
I made the long trek from Stockholm to the island of Gotland partially as a pilgrimage to one Pippi Longstocking, but mostly because I wanted to cycle through some Swedish countryside.
With several trips to Europe under my belt, a few years ago I felt like it was time I made my first foray into Scandinavia. A big chunk of my ancestry is from Sweden and Norway, so you know – it had to happen.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- 5 Killer Sights I’ve Managed To Miss While Traveling Misadventures
- That Time I Was Cast On Real World: BlogHouse Inspiration
- Sydney Coastal Walk: Coogee to Maroubra Walk Australia
- Everything You Need To Know About Tayrona National Park Colombia
- Kata Tjuta: My Heaven on Earth // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Australia
- Tips For Getting Around In India Asia
- Yarra Valley Wine Tour: A Melbourne Must-Do Australia
- My 2018 Goals & Intentions Life