I didn’t love my ancestors’ country when I visited it 4 years ago. I wanted so much to throw my arms up and shout out my love for Sweden, but Stockholm didn’t wow me as I’d hoped.
I made the long trek from Stockholm to the island of Gotland partially as a pilgrimage to one Pippi Longstocking, but mostly because I wanted to cycle through some Swedish countryside.
With several trips to Europe under my belt, a few years ago I felt like it was time I made my first foray into Scandinavia. A big chunk of my ancestry is from Sweden and Norway, so you know – it had to happen.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- There’s No Sugarcoating It: I Hated Phnom Penh! Asia
- Exploring the Elements via Travel Photography // Earth, Water, Fire, Air Inspiration
- Monument Valley // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Flashback Friday
- Frugal Frolicker Turns 5 Years Old! Administrative
- Trip Planning: EuroTrip 2017 Europe
- Freelancing & Me, We’re Meant To Be Inspiration
- April 2016 Recap: New Zealand & Australia Australia
- Rhinebeck: A Hudson Valley Village // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Flashback Friday