The traditional Everest Base Camp trek begins in Lukla. Fortunately for you, I’m not traditional, and that’s definitely not my style of travel! The off-the-beaten-path Everest Base Camp trek that I completed begins SOUTH of Lukla, in Phaplu or Jiri.
Browsing: Outdoor Adventures
First thing’s first: no one camps while trekking in Nepal. That’s because all of the trails are populated with affordable guesthouses – aka tea houses – so there’s really no need to.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Sailing in Boston Harbor: The Perfect Beantown Summer Excursion! Boating
- Must-Read Blogs Before Any India Travel Adventure Asia
- Hitting The G-Spot (and Wandjina’s Window) Australia
- The Best Hot Springs in Iceland Europe
- The 6 Most Beautiful Places In Asia (That I Saw Last Year) Asia
- Infinite Bliss at the Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Mexico
- I Did Everything Wrong At Zion National Park Hiking
- The Best Splurge In Queenstown: Flying to Milford Sound Flying