Crammed in the back of a local minivan in a sea of Lao people, I dozed in and out of sleep while we crawled from the Thai/Lao border to Luang Namtha.
I love solo travel, and I will happily sing its praises to anyone who will listen. But man, sometimes it’s nice to be able to split the cost of things with traveling companions – whether it’s ordering several dishes and sharing them all, affording a 5-star hotel room, or just sharing a cab to the airport.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Ormiston Gorge: A Beach in Outback Australia! Australia
- A Guide To Bouddi National Park Australia
- The Ultimate Packing List For Beach Bums Travel Gear
- Botany Bay Coastal Walk: The Kurnell to Cronulla Walk Australia
- Frugal Frolicker Turns 5 Years Old! Administrative
- Speed Hiking: What It Is & What Gear You Need For It Guest Post
- I Didn’t Love Bruges, Belgium // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Belgium
- Eureka Skydeck: Melbourne From the 88th Floor Australia