Crammed in the back of a local minivan in a sea of Lao people, I dozed in and out of sleep while we crawled from the Thai/Lao border to Luang Namtha.
I love solo travel, and I will happily sing its praises to anyone who will listen. But man, sometimes it’s nice to be able to split the cost of things with traveling companions – whether it’s ordering several dishes and sharing them all, affording a 5-star hotel room, or just sharing a cab to the airport.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- 5 Ways To Chill Out In Rishikesh, India Asia
- How To Move To Bondi Beach Australia
- 2016 in Review: A Year As A Digital Nomad Annual Recap
- Christmas in New York: The Definitive Guide New York
- That Time ALL THE SIGNS Told Me To Buy Tony Robbins Tickets Life
- The Prettiest Things I Found In Canberra Australia
- A Night At The Great Jack-o-Lantern Blaze New York
- Governors Island: NYC’s Newly-Renovated Urban Playground Cycling