I ended 2017 with a big fat exclamation point by spraining my ankle while hiking to a really cool gorge (and then jumping 15 meters (50 feet) into a rock pool with said sprained ankle… but that’s a story for another blog post!).
I’ve got a bunch of posts lined up that are 2016 recaps in some form (it’s still fine to post those in January and February of the following year, riiiight?). This one’s a fun one: it’s a variation on the post I published last year on the 35 Most Beautiful Places I Saw In Australia in 2015.
Western Australia is my favorite state in Australia. It’s got all of the best of this country: pristine white sand beaches and reef, rugged Outback gorges, and world class wines, just to name my favorites.
The ‘Best of Iceland’ photo gallery below is a collection of images I took during my 2 weeks there at the end of last summer. Narrowing it down from nearly 3000 images to about 100 was SO DIFFICULT, you don’t even know.
The ‘Best of Colombia’ photo gallery below is a collection of images I took during my week on the Colombian coast in February. We started and ended our trip in colorful Cartagena, where we spent hot days frolicking the streets, drinking smoothies and wine in the shade, and walking around the city wall.
The ‘Best of Thailand’ photo gallery below is a collection of images I took in March-June 2013 while traveling in Thailand. In just over 6 weeks of travel, I explored the entire country: my first stint led me to Bangkok and south to the Thai islands of Koh Lanta, Koh Kradan, and Ko Phi Phi, where my main camera broke.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- How To Spend 5 Days In Sydney Australia
- 5 Things You Should Do in Hobart, Tasmania Australia
- In With The Old, In With The New: Balancing Comfort With Adventure Inspiration
- El Questro Gorge Hopping in the Kimberley Outback Australia
- 22 Of My Most Ridiculous Travel Selfies Misadventures
- My NYC Commute: from Williamsburg to Chelsea Life
- Canyonlands National Park – On An Island In The Sky Roadtripping
- Random Notes on Working in the Outback Australia