I won’t lie, July was a bit of a snoozefest compared to most other months of this year. I spent the entirety of it house sitting in Camperdown, an Inner West suburb in Sydney right near where I used to live during my Sydney Uni days.
Browsing: Monthly Recap
My time this month was almost equally split between Sydney and Southeast Asia. I wrapped up my Lane Cove house sit and flew to Thailand at the start of the second week of June to squeeze a visa run in before starting another two months of house sits in Sydney.
Gosh, May sure was delightful. I feel like I’m due for some travel mishaps and lowlights one of these days (but, you know, very happy to keep on living that highlight reel if they continue to spare me!).
April was one of those months I’d be perfectly happy to live over and over again. With 3 weeks of settled life in Sydney bookended by 2 trips filled with wine and sunshine, I’m hard pressed to come up with anything worthy of being dubbed a lowlight for the month.
Fair warning: This is a doozy of a recap post. You might not want to attempt getting through it all unless you have more than a few minutes + a cup of coffee by your side.
This month was full of so much good stuff that it left me questioning my move to Sydney this weekend. Melbourne is a damn fine city, and to be honest I’m not sure I’m ready to give up the plentiful coffee shops, bike routes, and yoga studios that have made my day-to-day life here so enjoyable.
So hey, 2016 is off to a good start! Summer in Melbourne has been pleasantly lacking in rain, though the widely varying day-to-day temperature is mildly annoying. I worked a lot of freelance hours in January and beat my monthly income record, watched a lot of tv, and somehow managed to fit in a couple of city escapes for more scenic and beachy pastures.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Everything You Wanted To Know About The Amtrak Adirondack Train Canada
- Camping Near Sydney: The Best Camping Trips by Public Transport Australia
- Why The Mornington Peninsula Is The Best Side Trip From Melbourne Australia
- Recommitting to New York City – and to Happiness Life
- How Was Your Weekend? (The Digital Nomad Edition) Life
- Sydney Coastal Walk: Bondi to Coogee Australia
- How To Plan For The Laugavegur Trail In Iceland Europe
- That Time I Got Stranded In Canberra Australia