You may have noticed that I quietly phased out my monthly recap posts this year. I loved reflecting on each month of my travels for the two years I spent traveling around Australia and surrounds, but now that I’ve slowed down and established a home base in Sydney, there’s been less to recap on the travel front.
As usual, I didn’t make any concrete New Years resolutions for 2016. That’s why it’s a little funny that it sort of ended up being a year in which I unintentionally experienced a whole lot of new things.
Oh I LOVED December so much! This month I returned to the US for the first time in two years and it was every bit as magical and wonderful as I’d hoped it would be.
I’ve got a bunch of posts lined up that are 2016 recaps in some form (it’s still fine to post those in January and February of the following year, riiiight?). This one’s a fun one: it’s a variation on the post I published last year on the 35 Most Beautiful Places I Saw In Australia in 2015.
Oh November. On one hand, you were chock full of good times and great weather; but on the other hand, you were rife with frustration and disillusionment, so I’m not quite sure what to make of you.
Do you ever have a month that could so easily be summed up by one recurring theme? For me, October 2016 was all about good people. I don’t often look at my life or travels through a people-centric lens (because, well, that’s just not how we introverts roll), but if anything this month was a heathy reminder that good things can come from venturing beyond my introvert bubble.
Man, this month was bonkers! Looking back at all the awesome stuff I did and all the stresses surrounding the Australian visa process, I can’t even believe all of it fit into just 30 days.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Big Island Hawaii // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Flashback Friday
- A Year In Australia: What I Spent (& Other Numbers) Annual Recap
- Working Out Without Shoes in Saigon Asia
- 2016 in Review: A Year As A Digital Nomad Annual Recap
- Turns Out, I’m Not Immune To Reverse Culture Shock Inspiration
- Street Art in Pilsen: Murals in Chicago’s Mexican Neighborhood Midwest US
- Mont Blanc, Italy // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Europe
- Taking The Everest Base Camp Trek By Storm Asia