The Great Barrier Reef gets most of the glory when it comes to diving in Australia, but you know what? There are actually better dive locations in this country for spotting some exceptionally cool creatures: think whale sharks in Ningaloo Reef, and great white sharks in Port Lincoln.
Browsing: Water Sports
I already wrote about learning how to surf on Siargao, but there’s a whole lot more going on at this surf island than just hanging ten on Cloud 9 (see what I did there?).
This isn’t the article I expected to be writing about my trip to Siargao, from my month in the Philippines.
The majority of island-goers are there to surf, and understandably so as Siargao is renowned for its excellent surf conditions and epic Cloud 9.
I could feel my blood pressure rising, my muscles tensing up, as we waited impatiently for the bus on Campbell Parade. According to the schedule, two 380’s were supposed to have already passed by.
93.6% of all tourists in Australia come to see the Great Barrier Reef.
Ok I totally made that stat up. Surely there are people who only stop in Sydney or Melbourne on their Aussie trip, or head straight to the Outback to get their bushwalk on.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- The Best Weekend Trips From Melbourne Australia
- Cycling Melbourne Is The Best Way To See This City Australia
- A Snowshoeing Adventure From NYC! New York
- Boston Skyline // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Flashback Friday
- Summer In Italy: The Best Places To Visit Europe
- Sizzlin’ South Africa // WANDERLUST WEDNESDAY Wanderlust Wednesday
- I’m Moving To Australia in a Week – And I’m Fine Life
- Things To Do In Esperance: The Best Walks, Campsites, & Beaches In Esperance, Western Australia Australia