I recently wrote a post about how to plan a Kauai road trip – you know, the practical stuff like where to get camping equipment, how to book campsites, and what kind of car to rent.
I recently embarked on my second road trip around the Hawaiian islands. Someday I will write about the epic adventures I had driving around the Big Island back in my pre-blog days (until then, this guide to trekking to Waimanu Valley will have to do).
Beaches. Caves. Food. Tall trees. Wine.
These are the things Southwest Australia is most known for. With plenty of time and money, you could afford to sample the best of the region via all of them.
Very much a hot mess in Melbourne with an imminent flight to Queensland out of Perth, I knew I had to get my life in order and head to the west coast.
I’ve long been a raving fan of California. Even before my first visit at age 23, I knew it was ‘my place’: somewhere I’d continue to visit and eventually live in.
I’m usually skeptical about things that are uber-popular, but after a good long while of being stubborn I often come around and jump on that bandwagon. Like when I started watching Friends during the 10th and final season, and started reading the Harry Potter books right before Book 7 came out.
“Three bars! Three bars!” I whooped with glee as we approached Esperance, the first proper town we’d drive through in nearly three days. Alex grabbed his iPhone and feverishly checked messages while maintaining control of the steering wheel in his other hand.
I won’t deny my tendency to over-plan my days and trips. That’s why it was rather out of character for me to hardly plan a thing for my Tasmania trip this past January.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- I Saw All The Beaches On Magnetic Island Australia
- The Great Barrier Reef // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Australia
- Postcard From An Indian Camel Safari Asia
- Coffee Making Tips For The At Home Barista Australia
- 20 Things You Must Do On Kangaroo Island Australia
- A Year In Australia: The 35 Most Beautiful Places I Saw Annual Recap
- Diving Malapascua: Thresher Sharks & My Advanced Open Water Course w/ Evolution Asia
- June 2016 Recap: Australia, Thailand, Malaysia Monthly Recap