My impetuous trip to Thailand in June was all about the diving. So naturally, the initial plan was to fly from Sydney to Phuket and head straight to Koh Tao for the entire 10 days.
Browsing: Outdoor Adventures
There has been one very noticeable gap in my outdoor adventure resume. You’d think that in all my island hopping and Australian escapades over the years I’d have made more of an effort to explore the underwater world.
Have you heard of Wanaka?
When I first toured New Zealand 10 years ago, this little mountain town wasn’t on the itinerary. I had no idea it even existed, let alone packed a serious punch in the Outdoor Adventure department.
A lot of things went wrong on my recent trip to New Zealand, but the days I spent at Aoraki Mt. Cook National Park went off with nary a hitch.
There are a couple of must-do hikes in Wanaka, New Zealand. Rob Roy Glacier tends to be the one locals recommend: a glorious half-day hike rife with alpine scenery, waterfalls, glaciers, and swing bridges… and unfortunately, not a viable option for me because the trailhead isn’t within walking distance from town.
10 years ago, I toured New Zealand for a month, turned 21 on Fox Glacier, and had one of the most awe-inspiring trips of my life before kicking off my year studying abroad in Sydney.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- How Much Would I Sacrifice For Travel? Inspiration
- Coffee Making Tips For The At Home Barista Australia
- Hiking The Grand Canyon in Australia’s Blue Mountains Australia
- The Down Under Report: Month 11 of 12 Australia
- 35 Ways To Save Money In Australia Australia
- London Coffee Shop Roundup England
- The Down Under Report: Month 4 of 12 Australia
- A Tip Sheet For Trekking To Waimanu Valley in Hawaii Hawaii