I’m a bit weird when it comes to renting a car on my travels. On one hand, there’s nothing (literally nothing) that makes me happier than a good road trip; but on the other, I almost never rent a car when I’m traveling solo because it’s flippin’ expensive.
Browsing: Outdoor Adventures
If you’ve spent any amount of time in, or researching things to do in Sydney, then you undoubtedly know that the Bondi to Coogee coastal walk is an absolute must-do in Sydney.
Here’s the story of how this frugalista ended up jetting all over Sydney Harbour in the boat equivalent of a Ferrari:
So late last year, the fine folks at Any Boat approached me about taking a ride with them out on Sydney Harbour.
I recently wrote a post about how to plan a Kauai road trip – you know, the practical stuff like where to get camping equipment, how to book campsites, and what kind of car to rent.
I recently embarked on my second road trip around the Hawaiian islands. Someday I will write about the epic adventures I had driving around the Big Island back in my pre-blog days (until then, this guide to trekking to Waimanu Valley will have to do).
I already wrote about learning how to surf on Siargao, but there’s a whole lot more going on at this surf island than just hanging ten on Cloud 9 (see what I did there?).
The Kalalau Trail is exhilarating, exhausting, terrifying, drop-dead stunning, and positively one of the best hikes you could ever hope to embark on.
I tend to operate on a *throw myself into it and see what happens* basis, often without pausing to consider whether I can actually succeed (after all, whatever happens, I can handle it).
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Sometimes, You Just Gotta Roll With The Punches Iceland
- 25 Epic Photos Of Kauai’s Na Pali Coast & Kalalau Trail Hawaii
- A Solo Roadtrip Through Quebec’s Eastern Townships Canada
- 2014 in Review: A Balancing Act Annual Recap
- On Top Of The World Hiking Roys Peak Hiking
- Insta-Iceland: Iceland by Instagram Europe
- September 2016 Recap: Australia + Philippines Monthly Recap
- A Super-Unique Wine Tour In The Hunter Valley Australia