On my second day in Montreal, I set out to sample some local specialties, soak up the foliage, and do some serious frolicking. I expected it to be a good day – little did I know I was about to have myself an ever-rare perfect day.
Browsing: Outdoor Adventures
For various reasons, I only had a week to spend in Laos – which is a blasted shame, considering how slow-going yet incredibly gratifying travel can be in this country. To be honest, had I had more time to see more of Laos, I’m fairly confident that I’d have walked away from my 2013 Asia trip declaring Laos as my favorite country of the journey.
Crammed in the back of a local minivan in a sea of Lao people, I dozed in and out of sleep while we crawled from the Thai/Lao border to Luang Namtha.
I’ve been to Arizona a handful of times over the past few years. What can I say, the red rocks and dry heat really do it for me. That, and sometimes a girl’s just gotta HIKE.
You already know that you can visit any of the hundreds of tailors in Hoi An to get clothes and other items custom-made on your Vietnam trip. But what else can you do in Hoi An?
I was on the fence about Dalat: should I or shouldn’t I visit the Central Highlands of Vietnam? I hadn’t heard all too much about it, and it’d be so easy to just continue on up the coast from Mui Ne to Nha Trang and keep the beach vibes going.
When you think of Vietnam, what comes to mind?
I always pictured colorful markets, women in conical hats, and people working and living on the river. So not surprisingly, spending time in the Mekong Delta region was an absolute must-do for me – and it ended up being one of the highlights of my entire 2013 Asia trip.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Insta-Queensland: Queensland by Instagram Australia
- Light Projections Galore At White Night Melbourne Australia
- On Top Of The World Hiking Roys Peak Hiking
- The Worst Photo I’ll Ever Post, From Salzburg, Austria // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Austria
- Beautiful Blissful Byron Bay Australia
- 7 Things You May Not Know About Perth Australia
- Ventoura: A Tinder-Like Phone App For Travel Planning
- The Katoomba Street Art Walk: A Delightful Surprise! Australia