The traditional Everest Base Camp trek begins in Lukla. Fortunately for you, I’m not traditional, and that’s definitely not my style of travel! The off-the-beaten-path Everest Base Camp trek that I completed begins SOUTH of Lukla, in Phaplu or Jiri.
Browsing: Outdoor Adventures
First thing’s first: no one camps while trekking in Nepal. That’s because all of the trails are populated with affordable guesthouses – aka tea houses – so there’s really no need to.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- A Day Trip To Koh Nang Yuan Asia
- The Crazy/Beautiful White Temple in Chiang Rai Asia
- All The Things I’m Excited For In Melbourne Australia
- How To Take Awesome Photos In Iceland Europe
- Can You Afford To Move To NYC? New York
- The Definitive Guide to Christmas in New York New York
- A Tip Sheet For Trekking To Waimanu Valley in Hawaii Hawaii
- My Next 3 Months Of Travel Plans Planning