The traditional Everest Base Camp trek begins in Lukla. Fortunately for you, I’m not traditional, and that’s definitely not my style of travel! The off-the-beaten-path Everest Base Camp trek that I completed begins SOUTH of Lukla, in Phaplu or Jiri.
First thing’s first: no one camps while trekking in Nepal. That’s because all of the trails are populated with affordable guesthouses – aka tea houses – so there’s really no need to.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Highlights From a Melbourne to Perth Roadtrip Australia
- Dancing With Kangaroos and Hanging With Alpacas in Australia Australia
- 5 Reasons To Travel Southeast Asia During Off Season Asia
- Scenes From The Road in Iceland Europe
- Highlights From A Melbourne River Cruise Australia
- Fine, I Admit It – I Have A Travel Routine Inspiration
- The Time I Fainted In Front Of The Omelet Man in Jodhpur Asia
- Highlights From A Great Barrier Reef Scenic Flight Australia