The traditional Everest Base Camp trek begins in Lukla. Fortunately for you, I’m not traditional, and that’s definitely not my style of travel! The off-the-beaten-path Everest Base Camp trek that I completed begins SOUTH of Lukla, in Phaplu or Jiri.
First thing’s first: no one camps while trekking in Nepal. That’s because all of the trails are populated with affordable guesthouses – aka tea houses – so there’s really no need to.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- The Definitive Guide to Christmas in New York New York
- I Did Everything Wrong At Zion National Park Hiking
- Hipmunk Hotels: California Hotels in Santa Barbara, Ventura, & More USA
- Local Living in Chiang Mai Asia
- Monument Valley // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Flashback Friday
- The Frugal Frolicker Creed Inspiration
- $5 Adventures in Siem Reap Asia
- The Canadian Rockies // WANDERLUST WEDNESDAY Wanderlust Wednesday