I spent the final week of my recent trip to New Zealand in Queenstown, so-called adventure capital of the world. It’s the kind of place that’s stupid-stunning from every angle, which tourism has fully exploited by offering just about every adrenaline-inducing outdoor adventure you can think of.
My obsession with Australia can be traced back to my college years: summers spent working in a photo lab, saving all my earnings for my year studying abroad in Sydney.
I’ve been to Arizona a handful of times over the past few years. What can I say, the red rocks and dry heat really do it for me. That, and sometimes a girl’s just gotta HIKE.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- I Should Have Skipped the Cu Chi Tunnel Tour in Vietnam Asia
- 2014, Come At Me! Administrative
- Traveling in Vietnam: 3 Weeks in Review Asia
- Tea House Trekking In Nepal Asia
- Art is EVERYWHERE in India – Doors Included! Asia
- Planning My Philippines Beach Bum Bonanza Asia
- Random Notes on Working in the Outback Australia
- The Definitive Guide to Christmas in New York New York