Crammed in the back of a local minivan in a sea of Lao people, I dozed in and out of sleep while we crawled from the Thai/Lao border to Luang Namtha.
I love solo travel, and I will happily sing its praises to anyone who will listen. But man, sometimes it’s nice to be able to split the cost of things with traveling companions – whether it’s ordering several dishes and sharing them all, affording a 5-star hotel room, or just sharing a cab to the airport.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Budget Travel in Colombia: What I Spent Colombia
- Insta-Thailand: Thailand by Instagram Asia
- How To Take Awesome Photos In Iceland Europe
- Postcard From Phuket, Thailand Asia
- 5 Lessons I’ve Learned from Travel Mistakes I’ve Made Inspiration
- Why I’ll Never Fly Jetstar Airways Again Australia
- The Worst Photo I’ll Ever Post, From Salzburg, Austria // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Austria
- The Best Camera Bags For Travel & Urban Adventures Travel Gear