My impetuous trip to Thailand in June was all about the diving. So naturally, the initial plan was to fly from Sydney to Phuket and head straight to Koh Tao for the entire 10 days.
Remember that time I took a magical scenic flight from Queenstown to Milford Sound? Well, the flight was just half of the fun: sandwiched in-between was a boat cruise around Milford Sound.
It’s been two months now since I began working at El Questro Wilderness Park in the Kimberley. Other than the fact that it was in the Australian Outback and likely rife with myriad outdoor adventures, I knew almost nothing about this place before accepting the job offer.
Along with a Great Barrier Reef scenic flight, a Whitsundays sailing trip was one of those *Australia Must-Dos* that I ignored when I was here back in 2006 – partially because I was too busy galavanting in the Outback instead, but mostly I was hesitant to test my propensity for motion sickness.
I’ve visited my sister in Boston numerous times in the past 7 years, ever since she started school at BU – but only ONCE have I been to Boston in the summer.
I didn’t plan much beyond excessive coffee consumption and decompression from 5 months of backpacking in Asia for my 2.5 weeks in London en route home – but one thing I knew I wanted to do was take a boat trip on the Thames.
Crammed in the back of a local minivan in a sea of Lao people, I dozed in and out of sleep while we crawled from the Thai/Lao border to Luang Namtha.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Hipmunk Hotels: California Hotels in Santa Barbara, Ventura, & More USA
- The Best View Of The Sydney New Years Eve Fireworks Australia
- I’m Obsessed With Williamsburg Street Art New York
- My Tailor Fail in Hoi An, Vietnam Asia
- The Frugal Frolicker Creed Inspiration
- The Kunsthaus Museum in Zurich // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Europe
- Manhattan Skyline // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Flashback Friday
- Desert Adventures in Palm Springs, California // WANDERLUST WEDNESDAY California