It has been wonderful being back in New York City after 5.5 months on the road. I didn’t expect to fall back into life here so quickly and contentedly. Whether that means this is where I’m meant to be, or that NYC is more akin to the lover I just can’t quit, I’ve yet to determine.
10 years ago this week, I left small-town Connecticut for college in upstate New York. At age 18 I was terribly naive and clueless as to what lay beyond 4 years of university schooling.
People talk about (Reverse) Culture Shock nearly as often as they do Jet Lag – both being unfortunate side effects to traveling abroad. In true Lindsay fashion, I’d like to think I’m never seriously plagued by either, as I am extraordinarily well-adjusted (and humble, *cough*).
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- The Down Under Report: Month 11 of 12 Australia
- Things To Know Before Visiting Yosemite National Park California
- I’m Moving To Australia in a Week – And I’m Fine Life
- Postcard From The 33rd Floor Of A 5 Star Hotel in Bangkok Asia
- Infiorata: Italy’s Flower Carpet Festival Europe
- A Perfect Day In Junbesi Asia
- On Being Homeless and Planless Life
- Send me to Kerala, India! // WANDERLUST WEDNESDAY Wanderlust Wednesday