It has been wonderful being back in New York City after 5.5 months on the road. I didn’t expect to fall back into life here so quickly and contentedly. Whether that means this is where I’m meant to be, or that NYC is more akin to the lover I just can’t quit, I’ve yet to determine.
10 years ago this week, I left small-town Connecticut for college in upstate New York. At age 18 I was terribly naive and clueless as to what lay beyond 4 years of university schooling.
People talk about (Reverse) Culture Shock nearly as often as they do Jet Lag – both being unfortunate side effects to traveling abroad. In true Lindsay fashion, I’d like to think I’m never seriously plagued by either, as I am extraordinarily well-adjusted (and humble, *cough*).
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- My 13 Favorite Moments In Iceland Europe
- The Chicago River by Night // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Flashback Friday
- The Down Under Report: Month 4 of 12 Australia
- 3 Things This Tourism Agency In Laos Is Doing Right Asia
- Fine, I Admit It – I Have A Travel Routine Inspiration
- The Big Thing I Learned From Hiking The Overland Track Australia
- 2014 in Review: A Balancing Act Annual Recap
- How To Spend 5 Days In Sydney Australia