I often turn to other travel blogs while planning my next trip. I want the nitty gritty: how much should I budget for this country, where should I stay in this city, how do I get from the airport into town?
10 years ago this week, I left small-town Connecticut for college in upstate New York. At age 18 I was terribly naive and clueless as to what lay beyond 4 years of university schooling.
Apparently I did a damn good job at picking out reading material at the start of my 2013 Asia trip, because I absolutely tore through 5 books in under 3 weeks.
People talk about (Reverse) Culture Shock nearly as often as they do Jet Lag – both being unfortunate side effects to traveling abroad. In true Lindsay fashion, I’d like to think I’m never seriously plagued by either, as I am extraordinarily well-adjusted (and humble, *cough*).
I’m currently in London, one of the most incredible cities in the world with no shortage of sights and attractions. What did I do my first week here? I went straight to the Tower Bridge and St.
Note: This post was inspired by consistent questions/comments I’ve gotten about my fitness. I don’t want it to come off as me thinking I’m some kind of expert, or the next Miss America!
I’ll be spending most of March 2013 in India and I’m SO EXCITED. Slightly apprehensive, yes, but I know that once I get my bearings I’ll be fine. It’s going to be so unlike anything or any place I’ve ever experienced and I CAN’T WAIT!
Your job. Your relationship. Your home. Money.
These 4 things can be summed up in 1 word: COMFORTS.
You’re comfortable, and it feels good. Easy, even. Why on earth would you ever want to ditch these creature comforts?
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- A Guide to Beach-ing and Hiking at Wilsons Promontory Australia
- Sydney Harbour Walk: Watsons Bay & South Head Australia
- Wai-O-Tapu, New Zealand // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Flashback Friday
- Celebrating Holi in Jaipur, India Asia
- Tre Cime di Lavaredo: Best Day Hike in the Dolomites Europe
- Hitting a New Continent: the Colombian Coastline Awaits! Colombia
- How To Take Awesome Photos In Iceland Europe
- Kathmandu’s Durbar Square // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Asia