This is an OLD photo from 2007, and one I’m not particularly excited about – but it serves to illustrate the story of how I spent 20 minutes at Chichen Itza.
Browsing: Flashback Friday
With several trips to Europe under my belt, a few years ago I felt like it was time I made my first foray into Scandinavia. A big chunk of my ancestry is from Sweden and Norway, so you know – it had to happen.
When I first moved to NYC 5.5 years ago, I spent many an evening on the waterfront waiting for the sun to go down so I could photograph the Manhattan skyline at night.
New Zealand is just ridiculous. It’s one of those places that’s endlessly blessed with natural beauty. She couldn’t take a bad photo if she tried.
I spent 4 weeks in New Zealand in January/February 2006, just before starting my year abroad at Sydney University.
Fun fact: I almost ended up living in Boston after graduating high school; 3 of the 4 universities I applied to were in Boston. I was all too eager to escape small-town Connecticut for city living and was absolutely SET on moving to Boston.
My Danish friend Jasmin probably didn’t expect me to RSVP to the invite for her 30th birthday party in bumblef*ck, Denmark in 2010. But I thought hey, it’s been awhile since my last Europe trip (and by awhile, I mean 2 years).
I first traveled to London in 2008, visiting a very good friend of mine, Melvin. Nearly 5 years later, I’m back for Round 2! By the time this post goes live, I’ll be kicking off a 2.5 week stint in this fine city and I am SO EXCITED!
For the inaugural Flashback Friday post, I think it’s only right to feature the place that still tugs at my heartstrings: Australia (more specifically: Kata Tjuta).
I spent most of 2006 living, studying, and traveling in Australia.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Flying Over Kauai – My First Time In A Helicopter! Flying
- April 2016 Recap: New Zealand & Australia Australia
- Kata Tjuta: My Heaven on Earth // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Australia
- Padar Island Hike: The Most Stunning View In Komodo Asia
- 5 Cost-Effective Outdoor Activities to Check Out in NYC USA
- Governors Island: NYC’s Newly-Renovated Urban Playground Cycling
- Recommitting to New York City – and to Happiness Life
- Bolivian Salt Flats // WANDERLUST WEDNESDAY Wanderlust Wednesday