The ‘Best of Colombia’ photo gallery below is a collection of images I took during my week on the Colombian coast in February. We started and ended our trip in colorful Cartagena, where we spent hot days frolicking the streets, drinking smoothies and wine in the shade, and walking around the city wall.
I spent $742 total on my recent trip to Colombia. For an 8-day international trip, I’d say that’s pretty darn excellent.
I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but money has played a recurring role on this blog since Day 1.
A quick google search will tell you that Tayrona National Park is beautiful, gorgeous, stunning, insert any superlative here. It didn’t take much convincing for me to allot nearly half of my time in Colombia to this tropical oasis.
This is not a blog post highlighting the top 5 must-sees, or how to budget for a tropical getaway.
Instead it serves one simple purpose: to show you how incredibly BEAUTIFUL the Colombian coastline is, and inspire you to visit Tayrona National Park someday.
As announced in my last post, I recently booked a cheap flight to Cartagena and will be spending 8 full days next month traipsing around the Colombian coastline. South America was never in my immediate future travel plans, and to be honest I haven’t spent much time at all thinking about or researching it.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Best of Western Australia – Photo Gallery Australia
- Send me to Kerala, India! // WANDERLUST WEDNESDAY Wanderlust Wednesday
- Bryce Canyon National Park // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Flashback Friday
- 10 Worthwhile Stops To Make On Your Iceland Road Trip Europe
- Stellar Hotels in Missouri USA
- New Zealand’s Emerald Lakes // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Flashback Friday
- Arlington National Cemetery // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Flashback Friday
- Rainbow Over Copenhagen // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Denmark