I knew my travel plans would change at some point during my 2013 Asia trip. In fact, I welcomed the spontaneity – which is why I didn’t plan much beyond a rough route map for those 5 months.
This is a story about two very unlikely events – both happening on a boat, both happening to me.
(It’s also a long-winded account of the Maya Bay Sleep Aboard experience.)
Waiiiiiiiiiiit a second – seasickness-prone Lindsay is willingly sleeping on a boat?!
There are over 1000 islands in Thailand. It’s no wonder I agonized over which ones to visit on my 2013 Asia trip!
One of my top priorities was to get myself to a not-so-touristy beach with bright white sand and bright blue water.
This was the last shot taken with my camera before it died. I suppose if you’re gonna die, Ko Phi Phi a pretty good place to go out, huh?
I’d hopped on an early morning ferry from Koh Lanta to Ko Phi Phi and had a few hours to kill on the island before my overnight trip to Maya Bay.
The ‘Best of Nepal’ photo gallery below is a collection of images I took in February 2013 while in Kathmandu and Bhaktapur, and on the Everest Base Camp Trek in Nepal.
Picture this: a beachfront bungalow resort off the coast of Thailand, famed for its delicious mojitos and excellent cooking school, where lots of cats roam around the property and hang out on your porch.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- My Chilled Out Whitsundays Sailing Trip Australia
- September 2016 Recap: Australia + Philippines Monthly Recap
- The 6 Most Beautiful Places In Asia (That I Saw Last Year) Asia
- Rainbow Over Copenhagen // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Denmark
- A Big Sur Road Trip // WANDERLUST WEDNESDAY California
- 35 Ways To Save Money In Australia Australia
- Bardarbunga Be Damned, I’m Traveling To Iceland! Europe
- 3 Things This Tourism Agency In Laos Is Doing Right Asia