Well my friends, I’m afraid this is a tale of travel dreams being tarnished by craptastic weather.
You can plan the bejesus out of a trip, go well out of your way to reach a destination, and even allot extra days to thoroughly enjoy it – but you can’t do a damned thing about the weather other than try to make the most of it.
The latest on my quest to tackle ALLLLLL the Sydney Harbour walks? The Hermitage Foreshore Track, which runs along the waterfront on the harbour side of Vaucluse.
Rose Bay. The track begins shortly after the sand ends here.
Bali may have claimed the spotlight for Indonesia, but there are at least 18,000 other islands and countless other destinations worth exploring in this country.
Komodo National Park is one of them.
I don’t know about you, but when I lay eyes on a photo of a devastatingly gorgeous landscape, that place tends to catapult to the upper reaches of my bucket list.
I’m not proud of the fact that it took me nearly 3 years to make it down to Canberra for the first time (well, that’s excluding the time I got stranded on the tarmac at Canberra Airport when I first arrived in Australia – that doesn’t really count, right?).
The very last day of my summer Euro-trip had me in Verona, a small city in northern Italy that I’ve never had much desire to visit. You know, the one that’s famous for Juliette’s balcony, under which Romeo would stand and bellow out sweet nothings to her?
It may not be one of Australia’s most renowned regions, but Queensland’s Sunshine Coast is well worth a visit. Spanning from Caloundra up to Great Sandy National Park, it’s delightfully low on tourists (except for Noosa), boasts reasonably warm winters (think 70F/20C), and offers both beaches and mountains.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- The 7 Best Weekend Trips From Sydney Australia
- A Sydney Cycling Adventure Around The Northern Beaches Australia
- How I Saved $10,000+ On Travel In 2016 Inspiration
- A Bixi Bike Tour Around The Montreal Waterfront Canada
- Why The Mornington Peninsula Is The Best Side Trip From Melbourne Australia
- Postcard From The 33rd Floor Of A 5 Star Hotel in Bangkok Asia
- Getting Scuba Certified in Koh Tao with La Bombona Asia
- Lake Maggiore, Switzerland // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Europe