I don’t know about you, but when I lay eyes on a photo of a devastatingly gorgeous landscape, that place tends to catapult to the upper reaches of my bucket list.
I’m not proud of the fact that it took me nearly 3 years to make it down to Canberra for the first time (well, that’s excluding the time I got stranded on the tarmac at Canberra Airport when I first arrived in Australia – that doesn’t really count, right?).
The very last day of my summer Euro-trip had me in Verona, a small city in northern Italy that I’ve never had much desire to visit. You know, the one that’s famous for Juliette’s balcony, under which Romeo would stand and bellow out sweet nothings to her?
It may not be one of Australia’s most renowned regions, but Queensland’s Sunshine Coast is well worth a visit. Spanning from Caloundra up to Great Sandy National Park, it’s delightfully low on tourists (except for Noosa), boasts reasonably warm winters (think 70F/20C), and offers both beaches and mountains.
Those subscribed to my newsletter or follow my Facebook page have already heard the news, but for everyone else out there…
After over a year of constant stress, document chasing, and other administrative bullcrap, my Aussie visa process is finally over.
I don’t know about you, but I never heard much about the Dolomites until I really started getting into traveling and hiking. So if you’re like me, then here’s a quick catch-me-up:
The Dolomites are often referred to as the Italian Alps or the “pale mountains”.
It’s widely known that July and August are the busiest, craziest, most touristy months in Europe, and that for an optimal experience there, you best avoid this time of year. But what if that’s the only time you have to travel?
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- December 2016 Recap: Hawaii, NYC, Connecticut Monthly Recap
- Two Fantastic Day Hikes on the Amalfi Coast Europe
- Adventures of the Traveling Tinderella Australia
- Beach Hopping at Tayrona National Park Colombia
- 10 Worthwhile Stops To Make On Your Iceland Road Trip Europe
- The 25 Most Beautiful Places I Saw In 2016 Annual Recap
- What’s In My Beach Bag? – Bondi Beach Edition Life
- 2016: The Year I Inadvertently Tried So Many New Things Annual Recap