I don’t have the exact numbers here, but if you asked me what THE most commonly-said thing to me has been in nearly two years of living in Australia, I wouldn’t even have to think about it.
Sydney’s a tricky city to plan your travels for. Thanks to its plentiful waterways, traffic, and one-way streets, getting around Sydney is rarely straight-forward. Throw in the normal weekend track work and bus diversions and, man, it can take ages to get anywhere in Sydney by public transport.
Along with transportation, accommodation is bound to be one of your biggest expenses while Down Under. The good news is that, depending on how long you plan to be in one place, there are plenty of ways you can save money on accommodation in Australia without ever having to stay in a hotel.
Cronulla might just be Sydney’s most underrated ocean beach. It doesn’t have the glitz of Bondi or the dramatic ferry commute of Manly, but let me tell you what it does have: 6 km of gorgeous, flat, mostly undeveloped sand that you can easily have to yourself if you go far enough out.
Even paradise has its downfalls, my friends. Australia is my ultimate happy place, but believe me: there is plenty to complain about here.
Below are what I consider to be the worst things about Australia.
If I had a dime for every time I’ve heard someone complain about how expensive Australia is, I’m pretty sure I could fund my coffee addiction for the remainder of my life.
Have you heard of Wanaka?
When I first toured New Zealand 10 years ago, this little mountain town wasn’t on the itinerary. I had no idea it even existed, let alone packed a serious punch in the Outdoor Adventure department.
More Stories on Frugal Frolicker
- Washington DC Metro // FLASHBACK FRIDAY Flashback Friday
- Art is EVERYWHERE in India – Doors Included! Asia
- Everything You Need To Know About Tayrona National Park Colombia
- Awesome NYC Hotels in Midtown Manhattan USA
- Burning Man // WANDERLUST WEDNESDAY Wanderlust Wednesday
- All The Things I’m Excited For In Melbourne Australia
- I Did Everything Wrong At Zion National Park Hiking
- Budget Travel in Colombia: What I Spent Colombia